corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE corsa with gsi shafts CV popping out of gearbox!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE corsa with gsi shafts CV popping out of gearbox!!
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
18th May 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today whilst going around mallory parks hairpin my inner cv popped out of the gearbox and i lost drive. This is the second time its happened in less than 800 miles! I am currently running the gsi shafts with the mk2 cav inner cvs and a F20 box. I know lots of you use this setup and wonder if any of you know why and if you have a solution? Even when the cv is all the way in the box you can still wiggle it up and down slightly so there is slight play there which there shouldnt be.

Thank you.
Cal.
eckers90

18th May 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah dude, is it the passenger one? you can get spacers that fit inbetween cv and hub, this is a common problem for some people, i personally have never suffered, just make sure your shaft has the circlip on the end where it goes into box?
davegreen
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cv's shouldn't move in the gear box. sounds like your diff bearings are wearing out? or your cv's are not correct for the gear box? try new snap ring on the end of the cv where it goes into the gearbox. only a few pence each from Vauxhall and should be replaced each time they are removed from the gear box.
*CorsaCal*

18th May 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes its the passsnger one. do you have a link for such spacer?
*Texted*
*CorsaCal*

18th May 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dave they are brand new CVs with new clips so they should be fine. there is up and down play asif the CV is slightly smaller than the diff gear?

New Poll