corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Making money by buying job lots of stuff.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Making money by buying job lots of stuff.
Kippers

User status: Offline
19th May 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone on here do it?

Friend at works wife does it and makes on average a few grand profit each time.

They bought a candle job lot last year and made over 2k profit. The have just done the same for some fishing equipment which i said to him would be cheap shit and it arrive and turned out to be top end stuff work thousands and he only paid about £900 for it.

I have a spare 1000 to use and thinking of looking into it.

Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie does

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ben J

19th May 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you buy these job lots?
Dan
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was that easy. We would all be millionaires. Most of it is absolute shit

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Kippers

19th May 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats why im asking to see if anyone has experiences in doing it.
Dan
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad I went to college with, his dad is one of these people who sell pallets of bankrupt stock etc.

Hes a multi millionaire, so id imagine the moneys being made before you buy it.

Im sure theres some decent stuff out there though

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
baza31

19th May 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not really a case of buying £1000 worth of gear and making a load of money. For a start the people buying will know the market of the items the are buying , ie worth, demand and channels to sell . I buy and sell a load of random shit , but I know all the markets and values of items , these change massively in time . Also if your think your going to do it along side your job do you have time? There is obviously money to be made , but you need to study what you know already and go from there, one thing leads to another . Look on eBayas past sold sales, I find that a good way to get a rough price if your not fully sure of what's making what at the particular time
Kippers

19th May 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plan is to do boot sales and stuff.

Want to buy 1 kind of thing and go from there.

Like the idea of candles as i reckon you could get a nice stall going.

Plan is to spend 500/1000 and hope maybe make 500+ etc
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister in law buys container loads of club wear, PVC, leather, lingerie etc. 50% of every container is pretty much skipped as its such poor quality but the remainder she sells on eBay and makes £10-£20 on each item. She's by no means a millionaire but she's not worked in 5 years and doing this has paid her way.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th May 13 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kippers
They bought a candle job lot last year and made over 2k profit.

Once.

Entirely possible, that's how lots and lots of businesses work.

Don't forget to include Ebay fees, Paypal fees, postage fees and a bit of income tax.

Not sure how clever the 2k would look after all that but yeah, there's money in household tat.
Generation

19th May 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then fucking about going to get stuff posted. Dealing with missing parcels, listing items..

Would have earned more doing part time job for same mount of hours probably.

Also the tax on items
dragon2309

19th May 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably earn more being on the dole... :/
Ian
Site Administrator

19th May 13 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't agree you make more money on the dole. There are good margins in doing that type of thing and if you have a grand in, you'll be coming out with 500-700 done properly.

If you wanted a grand in and a grand out, you'd need to never lose a parcel and have every single customer be very reasonable indeed, and have every single item you buy be of merchantable quality, but it might happen.

Just not likely and not every time.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the grand to America instead. Go to a storage auction. Seems like everyone that ever wins one of them storage lockers makes about a billion dollars profit a day.
LeeM

19th May 13 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine started, lost all his money pretty quickly. probably buying the wrong stuff and selling in the wrong places. but then with that it mind, do you know what to buy and where to sell to maximise your profit?
Corsa_Sport21

19th May 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a job lot of cocaine, sell it, make lots of money. Pretty sure you don't have to pay tax on it either.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a couple of pallets of random crap a few years ago, after binning a fair chunk of it and having barely any room to move in our garage for a few months we eventually got back roundabout what money we'd put in but had spent quite a lot of time testing items, packing, posting etc. so overall we were still down by quite a bit.
gazza808

20th May 13 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to do stuff like this...

When I work away I scope out anything I can make profit on.

Once when I did a few trips to America, there was a shortage of new iPhones in the uk and trade in shops were paying nearly 500quid a phone, I was buying them in America for 300 an trading them in.

Sadly the demand didn't last very long in the uk.
baza31

20th May 13 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest a grand is peanuts for buying power . Every man and his dog has a grand to spend if needed. Candles and car boots seems like a whole load of hard work to me . I've done auctions for at least 10 years . I earnt at least 3 times what I do now and I put that down to online auctions and everyone trying to buy and sell . Trends come and go and with that prices rise and fall , it's about getting on board quick and getting out at the right time . Also be prepared to lose money . You never win every time but if you can hold out there is always someone for what your selling . One example I bought 20k Phillips 60w bulbs , I knew that they was to stop been made ,everyone thought i was mad , I paid 10p each . I sat on them for nearly 3 years and monitored what the prices was . I ended up getting 60p per bulb and they went to one customer . When I went to tech my mate sold his bike for a grand , tried doing the same and lost it all . Best bit of advise I could give is set a price you guarantee you will earn and stick to it , don't buy things you like buy things you know will earn money. Bargains are still an everyday occurrence , it's about been in there faster than the next man .
Stuart H

20th May 13 at 04:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Buy a job lot of cocaine, sell it, make lots of money. Pretty sure you don't have to pay tax on it either.
marklawton

20th May 13 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a job lot of turtle wax cleaning stuff off ebay just over a year ago.
i got 1000 tins for £360 so worked out at 36p a tin.
ive got about 300 left at the moment and iam set to make about £2000 profit. yeah its taken me a while to sell it as i sell about 50ish tins a month but i see it as a bit of beer money for me
DannyB
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few years ago my brother was going to take a shit load of used baby clothes to the charity shop so I gave him an old i-pod that I had in exchange, sorted the clothes out and listed them on eBay as a job lot, think there was about 110 seperate items, sold them for just under £100 plus postage. Managed to get another 3-4 bundles off friends/family and made good money on them too. It seems women go fucking nuts for 2nd hand baby clothes. Hit the charity shops and you'll more than treble your money on them no problem.
andy1868

20th May 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Buy a job lot of cocaine, cut it to a ridiculous degree then sell it, make lots of money. Pretty sure you don't have to pay tax on it either.

Business
andy1868

20th May 13 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or

gav93

20th May 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaa

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Making money by buying job lots of stuff. 23 database queries in 0.0152979 seconds