corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Debt company - Can't invoice me for amount owed?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Debt company - Can't invoice me for amount owed?
Whittie

User status: Offline
20th May 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a rolling contract with 1&1, use them for domains etc for years now. Paid automatically via paypal monthly.

My business debit card expired last month (april) and the payment didn't go through, understandable... Updated the card details on paypal before the end of the month, but 1&1 had already attempted to take their payment.

However, they've now got a debt agency involved by the name of Avarto to collect their £39. Invoiced me for £39 but requesting £55 over the phone. Obviously i'd just pay if the invoice if it said £55, not a problem £16 is bugger all but i'd like an invoice for it.

I've spoke to a few people from their company now, and got nowhere, untill this morning when I had an email saying they can't send me an invoice for £55, just £39 for the amount owed. That's all it said... So phoned them up and asked to pay £39 which was invoiced and owed, they said they can't do that, and I owe £55.

Do I just pay the £55 and stop being a tosser with them, or do I carry on? End of the day an accountant would see a payment of £55 going out and invoice for £39 so wouldn't match anyway.

It's dodgy as hell, wonder how many lots of £16 they collect by this happening to people
Pip308

20th May 13 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep being an ass
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd refuse to pay the £16 out of principle.

MX5 Project Thread
Wrighty

20th May 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they cant invoice you for the right amount, dont pay.
richc

20th May 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
if they cant invoice you for the right amount, dont pay.

This
spencer88

20th May 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Question is, why can't they invoice for £55?

If the £39 is the amount owed and is correct, where have they got £55 from? Charges? If so, they should be able to invoice for it.
Whittie

20th May 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly my point Spencer, even on 1&1 terms and conditions their late charges (which is 21 days) is £15. So nothing adds up.

baza31

20th May 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they haven't invoiced or formally made you aware of what and why you owe it then you simply don't owe it . I would be putting this in writing and attaching a £50 invoice for my time . It's not a one way thing issuing bills .
Dom

20th May 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're alright with paying the £55 then explain you NEED an invoice for your accounts and you'll be happy to pay it once an invoice is received. However i'd chime in and say you can pay the current invoiced amount straight away but tell them that they'd be accepting £39 as the full payment of the bill.

You also want to be keeping notes of phone calls (times, what happened etc) and copies of any emails. And if possible record any calls, obviously you need to let the operator know and give them the option of backing out of the call.

Might be worth getting onto Citizens Advice and seeing what they say. Certainly sounds like something dodge is going on though, otherwise they'd be able to invoice you for the 'correct' amount.
Whittie

20th May 13 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just this second had this through from another one of their staff;

Dear Alex Whitfield,

Thank you for your email.

We are unable to send an invoice for the £16 charge on your account as this is a late fee added to your account by 1&1 when passing the account to a collection agency, this charge is advised in 1&1's terms & conditions which you would have agreed to when you took out the original agreement.

Regards

The Collections Team
Whittie

20th May 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 & 1 terms -

Customer accounts that are not settled by 20 days after due date will be passed to a debt recovery agency and will incur an administration fee of £15.00.
spencer88

20th May 13 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send it to them saying that

Surely one of the companies can do a combined invoice. Namely the debt collection agency as they should have 'bought' the debt form 1 and 1.
Whittie

20th May 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have done, will see what they come back with
Dom

20th May 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely the late fee would have been added to your account before it got sent to the collection agency? Similarly, if the invoice is from the collection agency then they should be able to reissue the invoice with the 'correct' amount.

Phone CA and see what they say; you're not refusing to make payment but you need an invoice and they're refusing to supply one with a corrected amount and refusing your payment of the invoice you have in hand.

Edit - I'd be phoning them instead of emailing and attempt to speak to senior staff. Might also be worth hunting down the MD/someone at the top's email address and sending them a typical British complaint letter

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by Dom]
Jamie Walby

20th May 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it worth a debt collection agencies time in chasing £16?
Hammer

20th May 13 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't pay a penny unless you have accompanying paperwork.
Toby
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think 1&1 will need to issue you the late fee. I would ask them for a copy of the invoices outstanding.
Whittie

20th May 13 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phoned 1&1 and they want nothing to do with it, asked to speak to Avarto.

Gaz

20th May 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

threaten them with trading standards...
Tiger

20th May 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Threaten them with a damn good whiffling more like.
Generation

20th May 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just pay tbh. Hassle and phone calls over £16

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Debt company - Can't invoice me for amount owed? 23 database queries in 0.0159631 seconds