corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you recon.... (MOT and High Beam)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you recon.... (MOT and High Beam)
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th May 13 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That the high beam flasher HAS to be on the indicator switch for an MOT or VOSA inspection?

Only reason I ask is that my camper indicator stalk is fucked and doesn't stay on when I indicate left, fine for right annoyingly, and a new one is 117 quid. Like hell I'm paying that sort of VW tax for a non cancelling, simple two position switch.

But, you can flash the high beam by pulling the stalk forward (as most cars), but, if it moved that to a button on the dash would that be a problem? The relay is the latching type so takes case of locking he high beams on, it's just as simple push to make switch!

Any ideas? An official word from an MOT tester would be good!
Ben G

26th May 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought as long as the switch was labelled 'main beam' then they would pass it if it worked.
pow
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I thought that'd be fine too... Just don't want to fit it and end up failing the next moT
Gary
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy the proper part, 117 is nothing compared to what you've spent
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 13 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a poke around here -

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s01000401.htm

Not clear what you want to do - you currently have four functions on the stalk -

indicator left which doesn't cancel when you steer?
indicator right
pull to flash
push to latch

??

pow
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm running out of money for it now and I'd rather spend that on having the slack wound up the steering box atm
pow
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No push to latch Ian, the relay takes care of the latching
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 13 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why does a dicky indicator mean you're moving the main beam?
pow
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because I've devised a plan to use the old stalk and putting it on the workings of a simple heavy duty on off on 3 pole switch. Saving me about 116.50
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 13 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the indicator won't self cancel?

[Edited on 26-05-2013 by Ian]
Jambo

26th May 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not fit one from another model that isn't £117?
pow
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, doesn't cancel from factory, it's only the 73 on bays that self cancel. If I want to do that Jambo I'd have to fit a later column which will be big money
taylorboosh

26th May 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is a dash?

Because you will be gutted once you realise youv bodged it AND drilled holes in the dash..
pow
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already got an unused factory slot on the dash
taylorboosh

26th May 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah well furry muff

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you recon.... (MOT and High Beam) 22 database queries in 0.0121560 seconds