corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Shed day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shed day
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jun 13 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I would put up here a bit of progress of my shed I'm building at the moment.

It's a sort of extension of the garage so I can have my car solely in the garage.

Anyway pics.

Only ones I have from when I first started. Was 2 concrete coal bunkers that weighted a bloody ton. And genral loades of crap left by old owner of the house.

Bit on the left.

In the process of breaking up the coal bunkers managed to gag my leg and resulting in 4 stiches to a very deep cut.

I have now extended the bit and the bottom by removing about a meter of the rockery and alot of soil so can make it bigger.

Have now started to board out the sides so I can skim across the whole top. Was going to dig it all out but its 7" so decided to do the areas with hardcore then concrete and go over by 3" on the whole lot.

[Edited on 05-06-2013 by Graeme]
Graeme
Premium Member

6th Jun 13 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All bolted down. Lost of random bits of wood but its all coming off after anyway.

Concrete this Sunday.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 01:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not level it off?
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was to level it, it would be about 13" at the bottom. Not really necessary for its use anyway. Would be nice to be level but the fence follows the angle so would look off.

Still 5.7m long and 2.7 at top and 2.4 at bottom so
Plenty big enough.
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Concrete all done now.

Graeme
Premium Member

19th Jun 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the week off and after the wood not turning up for the past 2 days as it was ment to it finally turned up this morning about 9am.

Cracked on with it and started with the frame on the wall.

Then put one length in and the upright and lent it against the fence till I got more in.

Then some more uprights.

Then due the same this side and the end panel.

Have now put the cross braces in all around but didnt get a pic. A few corner braces aswell.

Far side has now been unscrewed and moved into the middle ready to have membrane put on and cladded.
Also the uprights are level but the fence posts are really out. Anoyes the hell out of me.

Cladding tommorow and then hopefully roof Friday. And door at the weekend.
Graeme
Premium Member

24th Jun 13 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a big update but its nearly done.

Waterproof membrane put on.

Moved side wall in so could be clad.

Moved back. Weighed a bloody ton.

All sides and end clad and roof bought.

Fitted most of the roof and this is where I am upto now.

Bit on the end will be nicely edged and then will have a water butt from the guttering
Colin

25th Jun 13 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. Any idea what Its cost in materials? Are you going to take the windows out the garage and make a walk through?
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jun 13 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Cutting down the bricks and making a door way. making a couple of steps down as there different heights.

Including the concrete about £450 ish so far.
3CorsaMeal

25th Jun 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this your 1st attempt at something like this?
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jun 13 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my own yes. Have done projects with my brother on houses we have restored but never shed building.

New Poll