corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stainless manifold help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stainless manifold help needed
gary2097

User status: Offline
9th Jun 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all fitted a 4-1 pro tech stainless manifold the other week and it sounds like it's blowing on the joint to the cat. I've had it in the local exhaust place and they say the metal gasket ring I have is too big to fit in the manifold so it's not quite sealing properly. its the gasket from the old manifold. I've looked for the pro tech website or a contact number but can't find one and don't even know if they are still in business. I found one called pro tech but they said its not them. Can anyone help me? I know loads of people have fitted manifolds so if you could just point me in the direction of which gasket you used that would be great it's fitted to a janspeed sports car if that helps as well

Thanks Gary
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about getting some gasket paper and making your own?
gary2097

9th Jun 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's like a steel o ring like wire wool material not an actual gasket
corsa-torque

9th Jun 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a GM one from Vauxhall when I fitted my 4-1 done the job
gary2097

9th Jun 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the part number of the genuine vaux one but im not sure if thats the one ive already got :s i just dont know whether its blowing or whether its supposed to sound like that as its fine on tick over etc.. but when you are moving and put your foot down it sounds awful like is letting loads of air out
gary2097

9th Jun 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really wanna buy another gasket and take it apart to find out its the same thing either
gary2097

9th Jun 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?

New Poll