corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Fiesta Ecoboost / Ecoboost Engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford Fiesta Ecoboost / Ecoboost Engine
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
12th Jun 13 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure a few of you have had experience or have a car with this engine in, just after some real life views on what its like day to day and to live with.

What are they like on fuel around town and longer runs and do they give out the power they claim, believe they quote 125bhp are they fairly nippy for over taking ect?

Car will be for my other half and will be new so just deciding on the engine before ordering.

[Edited on 12-06-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 1l in 100bhp guise in the focus.

It's a good little engine and motorway driving is great. Around town, pulling away and in stop start traffic can be a chore as anything other than max throttle is quite sluggish at low speed, although the focus weighs a lot more than the fiesta.

125's have 6 gears in the focus, unsure of the fiesta.

Believe it or not, I love chucking the focus around more than my z4 and the dump valve noise sounds nice also.

Ved is free for the first year also. 20 quid in second year, probably the same in fiesta.

It's taken alot of our orders also, which tells you how popular it is when it's being preferred over a 1500/1600 tdci with 70-80mpg fuel economy.

[Edited on 12-06-2013 by Ben G]
SXI - Matt

12th Jun 13 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah wasn't aware they came in 100bhp & 125bhp versions, sure the one we have been looking at is 125bhp.

She currently has a 1.2 90bhp clio but doesn't like over taking ect as its by no means nippy as doesn't have any power.

Hoping this will be some what quicker for her to use on motor ways ect, not after any think blisteringly fast just nippy and easy to drive.

The nill tax is quite appealing to, what MPG are you getting from the focus?

SXI - Matt

12th Jun 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the road tax is only free for the first year then £20 there after?

Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Averaging 45mpg in the focus at the moment. The missus gets more but she drives it sensibly I drove to swindon and back to get those wheels the other week and it seemed to prefer speeds at 75mph+, it felt a lot more eager to pick up speed in top gear than at lower speeds.
Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
So the road tax is only free for the first year then £20 there after?

Yep, well it was in december 2012 when we got ours. the prices/bands seem to constantly be getting changed around though so i'd research it to make sure.
pow
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

45MPG? Another engine that's a load of bollocks then. All this 3 cylinder tiny turbo start stop ecu squeezing everything out of one last drop of fuel and it still can't do better than the camper
SXI - Matt

12th Jun 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok sounds good she only drives around 5 miles each way to work so needs to be in petrol form, 45mpg sounds good to same as her little clio at the minute so she'll be happy

With any luck will hit the 50's be nice to use on long runs to especially if there happy sat at higher speeds on the motorway.

Was expecting high 50's reading the facts from it but I struggled all along to believe there figures.

Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
45MPG? Another engine that's a load of bollocks then. All this 3 cylinder tiny turbo start stop ecu squeezing everything out of one last drop of fuel and it still can't do better than the camper

45mpg getting thrashed to fuck with only 4k miles on, pullint a heavy car along. Not bad if you ask me.

Also, campers are old and shit and gay.
djgritt
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't impressed personally. Had a Focus the same as Bens recently for a couple of days - 100PS 1.0 Ecoboost. Motorway driving was a real chore in it, and fuel economy wasn't that good IMO.

However, Ben has more 'real-world' experience as he owns one, and I'm personally used to large engine petrol/diesel cars that don't require any labouring for my regular motorway jaunts, so read into my comment as you will
Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, campers cant do 100mph, nor can they do 0-60 in less than 35 minutes.
Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And anyone driving one looks like a hippy/paedophile.
SXI - Matt

12th Jun 13 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fan of campers then

Still not 'worn' in as such then should only get a bit better the more miles you get on it then.

If she can hit 50's daily (drives sensible all the time ) I'd be more then happy, being the 125bhp and smaller car shouldn't need as much effort to get moving ect.

Book as test drive I think then and see what there like.

pow
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chill out Ben I'm just saying that the 80mpg is a load of bollocks
Bprice91

12th Jun 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine has a 1.0 ecoboost (125BHP) model really good on fuel averages about 48mpg and highest hes had was 64mpg motorway driving
Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Chill out Ben I'm just saying that the 80mpg is a load of bollocks

i'm joking with you my grandad has an orange camper.

they'll never achieve 80mpg, neither did they suggest that. 80mpg is what our newest tech diesels are getting.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Fiesta Ecoboost / Ecoboost Engine 22 database queries in 0.0145700 seconds