corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hayfever

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hayfever
K2 GTi

User status: Offline
7th Jul 13 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What on earth have I done in a previous life to deserve this.

It's quite literally the most horrendous thing that has happened to me. I can't enjoy the sun, go to the park, sit in a beer garden, breathe out my nose even the slightest, my eyes are so red and watery it's unbelievable. My nose does not stop running 24/7, it's so red from the amount of times I've wiped or blown it. I sneeze on average 100 times a day
Tablets aren't working, eye drops do nothing, nasal spray comes straight back out my nose.

Anyone got any idea on how to make this better ? It's actually making me struggle to do daily tasks and I really don't know where to go for help.

I can't sleep at night because I'm that blocked up.

It really is the devil and unless you have hayfever you'll never know how bad it actually feels!!!

Help
Ben J

7th Jul 13 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's an injection you can get from docs I believe.
Matt L

7th Jul 13 at 06:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a steroid injection you can get from the docs or they can give you some stronger antihistamines. It is awful though one of the gayest allergy's illnesses in the world.
Dave

7th Jul 13 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If over the counter tablets aren't working get to the docs, there's no reason to be suffering really.

I'm fortunate in that the tabs pretty much stop mine and generic brands are cheapy cheap, symptoms now are just itchy eyes too, used to be runny nose when I was younger and took the nasal sprays for that.
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
There is a steroid injection you can get from the docs
Cortisone, I believe.

Several years ago when I was working primarily outdoors one summer, I had particularly bad hayfever and got this injection at the doctors.

As my luck would have it I was allergic to the fucking allergy medicine, so the morning after the injection my chest, back and neck was covered in painful boils, rendering me incapable of wearing clothes.

My hayfever was unaffected, though...

Balling
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 07:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw, Chrisritch recommended Fexofenadine at one point, which I'm yet to try.

Matt L

7th Jul 13 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

That's what I used to take was good, now I just take benedryl as its not as bad as it used to be.
Shell
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% try fexofenadine.
Gary
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off for that injection next year, can't he arsed with it any more, as you said it's shit being allergic to summer!
_Allan_

7th Jul 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not had it. I eat flowers for breakfast.
nick_sri

7th Jul 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to have it bad , couple of years ago it stopped and not bothered me since.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Jul 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Been on that, worked well for me but DO NOT even think about alcohol!
Anty
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheaper brands are the same with out the Brand Name on the packet
Cavey

7th Jul 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one fexofenadine tablet and felt awful the next day. So gone back to Claratyn, their one a day tablets last 5 hours or so which gets me through work
noshua

7th Jul 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Been on that, worked well for me but DO NOT even think about alcohol!

I'm on these, the 180mg ones (largest dose). Used to be under the brand Telfast, which had a warning for not drinking alcohol what-so-ever, however the ones I have now (generic) don't mention anything about them. Drank a number of times and been fine

Also, don't just take the tablets, if your eyes are hurting, take eye drops, nose runny, take nasal spray. Docs can give you the strongest ones of each.

EDIT: http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Rhinitis&medicine=fexofenadine%20hydrochloride

Alcohol

Alcohol can interact with certain medicines.
In the case of Fexofenadine hydrochloride:
there are no known interactions between alcohol and Fexofenadine hydrochloride

[Edited on 07-07-2013 by noshua]
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Jul 13 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They might have changed it then, because I felt terrible off one pint.

Good news if so, might go and get some. They're certainly a lot better than over the counter alternatives.
Ben J

7th Jul 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piriton is pretty good. I also use eye drops.

Just about stops me gouging them out with a spoon.

Hammer

7th Jul 13 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man up.
Jamie-C

7th Jul 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took a tablet for it yesterday about 12pm, not sure what it was but once it kicked in I was out cold until about 5 o'clock
Baz-Zico

7th Jul 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As strange as it sounds, vaseline up the nostrils helps as the pollen gets stuck to it
noshua

7th Jul 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously just go and get the injection or Fexofenadine. I have it really bad as well, but after a week or so of taking Fexofenadine you can proper tell the difference - especially with this weekends weather!
Whittie

7th Jul 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having around 4-5 piriteze a day, costing a small fortune.

Each tablet lasts around 3 hours. Wake up blocked, go to bed blocked.

Really need to get round to getting the injection for it.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
100% try not being a fanny.
andy_mk3

7th Jul 13 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never buy tablets full price!
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/tablets_c_8731.html?ps=01&vi=Grid&offer_type=&brand_id_filter=&pnos=1

I've had it pretty terrible the past few weeks. The worst of it being the sore throat I get. It's incredibly painful at times. The other night I woke up with it, had a swig of water and had tears rolling down my face it was that painful.

Can't blow my nose half the time, it's blocked right up but nothing comes out. In turn that makes my ears pop all the time. I get nose bleeds, it's just hell.

Going back to the sore throat again, sneezing is like someone yanking barbed wire out my throat.

Been to the doctors 3 times in 2 weeks. I'm on Fexofenadine at the minute which is doing fuck all. I'm taking that with about 6 Loratadine tablets throughout the day, plus the nasal spray on the rare occasion I have a clear nose to take it.

I'm picking up another prescription of tablets tomorrow, not sure what they are but I seriously hope they help. If not then the next stage is some kind of injection but that wont be until early next year

It's a hellish thing to live with though. I've had it about 8 years now and it's never been this bad. Even people who've never had hayfever are suffering a bit this year it seems.
K2 GTi

8th Jul 13 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
Never buy tablets full price!
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/tablets_c_8731.html?ps=01&vi=Grid&offer_type=&brand_id_filter=&pnos=1

I've had it pretty terrible the past few weeks. The worst of it being the sore throat I get. It's incredibly painful at times. The other night I woke up with it, had a swig of water and had tears rolling down my face it was that painful.

Can't blow my nose half the time, it's blocked right up but nothing comes out. In turn that makes my ears pop all the time. I get nose bleeds, it's just hell.

Going back to the sore throat again, sneezing is like someone yanking barbed wire out my throat.

Been to the doctors 3 times in 2 weeks. I'm on Fexofenadine at the minute which is doing fuck all. I'm taking that with about 6 Loratadine tablets throughout the day, plus the nasal spray on the rare occasion I have a clear nose to take it.

I'm picking up another prescription of tablets tomorrow, not sure what they are but I seriously hope they help. If not then the next stage is some kind of injection but that wont be until early next year

It's a hellish thing to live with though. I've had it about 8 years now and it's never been this bad. Even people who've never had hayfever are suffering a bit this year it seems.

Yes it's not good mate.

Thanks for that link, will save a killing on tablets now

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hayfever 23 database queries in 0.0157011 seconds