corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Driving between Switzerland & France

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving between Switzerland & France
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jul 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm working a couple of miles outside Geneva in a couple of weeks time, there is a huge premium to pay on hotels in Switzerland but if we drop just across the border into France, the room rates are roughly 50% of what they're asking in Switzerland.

It appears that you can drive between the countries easily enough with no border patrols or checkpoints. Is this the case? The hotel in France is actually closer to where we'll be working than any of the more reasonable hotels in Switzerland and so long as it doesn't cause us a delay by crossing, I'll book there instead.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!
Nath

8th Jul 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to work in Switzerland from time to time and a lot of the staff live in Austria and Germany and drive across every day. I've walked into Austria before without any checks, so can't imagine France will be any different.

[Edited on 08-07-2013 by Nath]
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've cycled from Nijmegen to Germany.
ed

8th Jul 13 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the hire car from Switzerland to save you having to buy a Swiss tax disk for the time you're there.
RichR
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we're not hiring a car, I'm driving down from the UK, through France and into North Geneva. We shouldn't need the Vignette (sp) as we won't be using motorways in Switzerland.
ed

8th Jul 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I see. You ought to be fine crossing the borders though, once you're in the Schengen Area you're free to pass borders as you please.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Driving between Switzerland & France 22 database queries in 0.0116231 seconds