corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory Park.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mallory Park.
Tiger

User status: Offline
13th Jul 13 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks quite likely that it will be closing in due course, the council are prosecuting the circuit for breaches in noise levels.

The FIM world motocross circuit is already shut I believe. I don't understand how they can restrict noise at a race track.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-23251457

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Racing-circuit-consider-future-council-vote/story-19508106-detail/story.html

This circuit is only a few miles from me, I've spent so many great Sundays there for as long as I can remember, it's such a shame that they want to close it because of a few moaning locals. It's been there 40 years, why start moaning now?
Tiger

13th Jul 13 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a petition against closure should anyone be interested in signing it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739
Jay

13th Jul 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe cars have got louder, I used to work in winsford and could hear oulton park from miles away, would probably piss you off if you lived on its door step. Not that I agree with shutting it Down my thoughts are why move near it?
*CorsaCal*

13th Jul 13 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer i posted thst petition up a few months back. I love mallory and was planning to go a couple more times this year.
antnee

13th Jul 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical people moving near a track/airport then moan about the noise.

It will be a shame to see Mallory shut, it is a very valuable part of UK motorsport due to testing on Wednesdays every week
Marc

13th Jul 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
Yer i posted thst petition up a few months back.

Thought it seemed familiar!
Tiger

13th Jul 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only reason I reposted it is because the council have, as of 10th July, decided to persue and prosecute Mallory Park, which will very likely be the demise of the circuit.
FlamingCorsa

13th Jul 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like mallory been there twice, its only a little track but good fun and atmosphere always friendly.

Heard roumors they were in trouble with noise when we went last year they were really strict on noise levels.

We have just booked onto track day there on the 2nd August, only £129 if anyone is interested in coming along.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massive shame, I bet all the people who complained are the people who now their lawn at 7am on a Sunday.

Noise complaints annoy me, I don't know how something during the day can genuinely affect anyone.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its going to be the golden oldies that live round there.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to turn the dial on their hearing aids to lower the background noise really.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can understand where they are coming from i have mates in barwell which is a good distance away and at the weekend you can here bikes/cars quite loudly coming from it.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep but that noise can't be causing actual issues for people.
Tiger

15th Jul 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
i can understand where they are coming from i have mates in barwell which is a good distance away and at the weekend you can here bikes/cars quite loudly coming from it.

It's been like that for 50 years though, I don't understand why it's suddenly an issue now.
Tiger

15th Jul 13 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo

I can hear it from Coventry road, Hinckley if the wind is the right direction. It doesn't bother me though.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Yep but that noise can't be causing actual issues for people.

The other areas around Mallory 15-20mins away are quite posh. I can understand there issues as the noise of a car/bike going round and round isnt pleasant if you haven't an interest in it. Especially if you just want to chill in your garden. If you buy a house you wouldn't expect to hear the noise.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not my point. People will argue it's causing them mental anguish and they can't use their garden. Regardless of if you like it or not, the above is not true.

My old house was literally next to a train track, the house shook when the freighters went by and it was louder than a track day, didnt stop me using my garden though, even though I don't like diesel electric trains.
SXIBrad

15th Jul 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres an offer for a classic car show on group on that I think is at Mallory Park. It's like £5 per ticket.

I dislike people who moan about noise when its not excessive. Where I live, you can't sit in your garden with any music on because the neighbours think you deserve an asbo.
Jay

17th Jul 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point about the train track, I do a woman's garden and it backs into the railway that runs to Lime street, literally every 5 minutes one goes past.

[Edited on 17-07-2013 by Jay]
DaveB

17th Jul 13 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is Mallory Park broke the rules with the number of 'noisy' days that they're allowed.

iirc it is 93 days a year (so more than one a week!) and has been that number for a relatively significant period of time.

Mallory Park were found to be in breach of that rule (I think they ran nearly 150 on the year in question - 3 a week) and therefore the Council and local residents got involved.

*edit* Just checked figures - since 1985 Mallory have been allowed 92 noisy days. This rule has never been 'enforced' by the Council. Due to resident complaints (on 153Nr separate days in 2012), the Council now want to enforce the 'noisy day' rule.

Mallory Park owners say this makes the business unviable and they need "at least 160Nr" to work (so nearly 1 every other day!!)

I'm all for race tracks, but this isn't a case of locals moving to the area and kicking off. It's a case of an organisation breaking the rules - no different from a nightclub or bar running past it's legislated hours really.

[Edited on 17-07-2013 by DaveB]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory Park. 22 database queries in 0.0137088 seconds