corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aston Martin behind the scenes- heritage and technology

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aston Martin behind the scenes- heritage and technology
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Jul 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brief look into the heritage and technology side of Aston Martin

Repairing classic Astons, ie pre-war and the newer stuff, complete gearbox conversions to customer specs, interesting watch

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/8FFbIcWmo34
Graeme
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm lucky enough that I have been around the body and paint shop. Some very cool stuff there.

He mentions once in the video a guy called Kingsley. That is my brothers best friends dad which is how I got to see around. He is the head guy there.

Its a cool place to drive past (very local) but on the other side of the road is where they used to do half of it then push the car over the road to complete. Would be cool to see that made into something but doubt it will be.
SXI - Matt

30th Jul 13 at 05:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was a good watch, been and looked around both as my dad was based at the old site until being re located. The new site is seriously impressive, went to look around the production line when his Virage he ordered was being built. Really cool and interesting to see it all, had loads of those little robot karts going round that follow there lines in the floor to each area of the production line.

Would love to work there, just across from his office was a balcony and below it there is a row of Astons from old to new models. There is a shot of them in that film. Amazing to see some originals next to the new modern day cars. The whole place is a work of art.

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by SXI - Matt]

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Ben J

30th Jul 13 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work at the hotel just down the road from there in Newport Pagnell and used to drive past everyday. Saw some awesome stuff. A lot of customers used to stay at the hotel too and we regularly had some nice examples in the carpark.

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by Ben J]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aston Martin behind the scenes- heritage and technology 22 database queries in 0.0103371 seconds