corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New reg release effecting 2nd hand / nearly new market??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New reg release effecting 2nd hand / nearly new market??
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
12th Aug 13 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to look at a 62 plate scirocco r line today, are the prices of nearly new cars likely to drop when the 63 reg comes out? Basically do I wait till September as will save some money or not bother as wont be much difference?

[Edited on 12-08-2013 by SXI - Matt]

XE Col
Premium Member

12th Aug 13 at 06:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not, just means the 13 plate will be as cheap as the 62 plate is now, you could only end up waiting forever, ask for some money off anyway...
SXI - Matt

12th Aug 13 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, I always ask don't think I've ever paid an asking price for a car (although most people haven't) but didn't want to knock them down then come September that's the price they now sell for any way and could of gone even lower.

pow
Premium Member

12th Aug 13 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll affect it so little you'd save half a night out in town or 20l of petrol. Just go for it now.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 13 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd wait till the 1st and offer them less money as it's '6 months older'
SXI - Matt

12th Aug 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking figures now I can't wait till September 1st like a kid at Christmas
dan_m1les

12th Aug 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience will make none wwhat so ever, its not like on the first of march/september dealers run out and reduce pricing of cars that are 6-12 months old.

Its the 3+ year old cars that ususally gets a bit worrying and they get despearet to get rid of.
SXI - Matt

12th Aug 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They wouldn't budge on any thing so the hunt is still on, unless they come back with something to temp me as he said his 'boss' will call.
dan_m1les

12th Aug 13 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't budge a penny? Weird on assumendly a £20k+ car?

I had this when I went to see a Type R at a vauxhall delership they had taken in as PX, so a non-franchise car, explained that I work for Honda in sales and used to work for Vauxhall also.

Said if I drive it and its good and we agree a cash price i'll take him hime there and then...

He spent so much time trying to sell me G3 and GAP and finance and wouldn't budge I got bored and walked out... called me three days later and kncoekd a grand off, I had already bought antoehr so was too late!
SXI - Matt

12th Aug 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope kept coming back with the same price wouldn't even budge a £100 just stuck at £20990. He's trying to lower the finance % to match the one I've got on a loan ready for when I find a car as need to borrow £6k that way I get free 2 services and a free MOT if you take finance and he will do a deal on gap to.

Strange they wouldn't budge a penny at all though see what he comes back with. Shame really like the car but theres plenty of others I guess

dan_m1les

12th Aug 13 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't bother getting tied up over gap either. Can buy it just as good online for half what they will sell it for
SXI - Matt

13th Aug 13 at 05:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh really? They offered it for £350 for 3 years
SXI - Matt

13th Aug 13 at 05:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They literally aren't giving in on anything, it's still a good deal though as the cheapest one for sale currently in the spec it is, will be deciding later today if I'm taking the plunge
dan_m1les

13th Aug 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gap is £115 on autotrader for a £20,000 car
SXI - Matt

13th Aug 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ta saves me spending any more then I need to, just don't trust a word that comes out of garages mouths

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New reg release effecting 2nd hand / nearly new market?? 22 database queries in 0.0130181 seconds