corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » TV brackets

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TV brackets
sc0ott

User status: Offline
18th Aug 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of backets are you lot using to mount your teles to your wall?

Looking to wall mount a new 47-50" tv onto a single stud. My current tv is an older and heavier 32" flat screen tele and is held on by a swivel bracket, the only problem is it sticks out much further than the likes of the brackets that just tilt.

Im looking for something like this but to fix onto a single stud.

The above brackets are good for fixing on to 2 studs that are set apart but then i have nothing in the middle to fix a dvd player bracket (below) hence why i need a single stud bracket.

drunkenfool

18th Aug 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using one of these on my 55" LCD :-)
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/tv-accessories/WMN1000BXXC?subsubtype=wireless-usb-adaptor
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why won't the one posted don't the job? Obviously it's not ideal but would fix to a stud fine.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not stud and plasterboard fixings it?
AndyKent

18th Aug 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely there will be 2 studs behind a tv of that width?
sc0ott

18th Aug 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, more than likely 600 centres but that means if i want the dvd player bracket below the tv and centre there wont be a proper fixing.

I think the one above will work just wanted to see if others have fixed a similar bracket on to one stud or if theyve used something else. Could always fix into the plasterboard for little extra support.

[Edited on 18-08-2013 by sc0ott]
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't bother with board fixings. If the timber is giving way then the board is definitely going too!
John

18th Aug 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't find a decent stud in the bedroom for my TV (old heavy 37") Not sure if it's metal studs in the walls. Got fed up anyway and it's just held in with a few normal rawl plugs into gyproc.

I'm always worried but there's little outward pull, it's all downward, where there is lots of strength.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be worried too. Masonry plugs into plasterboard?!
John

18th Aug 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant that to come across as I was normally worried but done it anyway and it's fine.

I use red or brown rawl plugs for most thing in plasterboard, served me well.

I'm also telling you I've got a big heavy TV held up with them so they are fine.

sc0ott

18th Aug 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think i would risk fixing into plasterboard only, especially a 1k+ tv. Tried hanging an old crt tv many years ago on PB only and that held for about 10mins before it came crashing down.
John

18th Aug 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A recent 1k TV should weigh <10KG, even a small CRT would have been more.

I bet that the metal screw in plugs would hold no bother. I've got 2 of them holding in a massive mirror, at least as heavy as a TV, probably more, I was struggling to get it up myself.
sc0ott

18th Aug 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tv is 17.3kg without stand seemingly.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I meant that to come across as I was normally worried but done it anyway and it's fine.

I use red or brown rawl plugs for most thing in plasterboard, served me well.

I'm also telling you I've got a big heavy TV held up with them so they are fine.

For now. For the effort it'll take I'd use some proper anchors. Only takes a small knock and your telly will be on the floor
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used these before in the past to hang TV's on walls and projectors off ceilings. Due to a major fuck up on the builders behalf, a colleauge and I hung a 50KG roll down screen using them, it's still there

Use a setting tool like so:

Them on either side and a nice big wood screw in the stud and that TV aint going nowhere.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, I get all the stuff that I want like that from Orbital Fasteners (Watford if you're local)
John

18th Aug 13 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, if you can catch 1 stud, the other side will stay up with anything.
John

18th Aug 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mirror is at least 30kg as far as I can see, held up with 2x http://www.screwfix.com/p/spit-driva-tp12-panhead-metal-35mm-pack-of-100/11923
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those things scare the shit out of me John, they end up ripping holes out of the plasterboard and not tightening properly.
John

18th Aug 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to tighten it until just the right point.

I was always worried and my dad always told me that things weren't as heavy as I thought they were. He's got a lot more experience of me in doing it so took his word for it and it's fine.

It's obviously better getting a solid fixing when you can. It's amazing what will stay up anyway though.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a bastard for tightening stuff up too much... always scared its coming down!
Dave

18th Aug 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pigtails are ok, I'd be fairly confident of them holding a TV, especially if you can get 4/6 in. I certainly wouldn't put my faith in plastic plugs in to plasterboard though.

The ones Pow posted are the best I've used for heavy stuff, you don't even need the setting tool anymore, they just mushroom out as you drive the screw. Spring toggles work well too but you only get one shot with them.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pow is correct, John is wrong.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I kinda like using the setting tool, kinda satisfying
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll