corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b x14xe flatspot

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b x14xe flatspot
daz_corsa

User status: Offline
   28th Aug 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa b 1.4 16v ( x14xe) mk1 P reg late 96 i think.
it was running fine...until i bought a vx 16 valve inlet from ebay.

i am wondering if anyone has had this 'flat spot' before or if anyone could think why it happens.
basically i fitted it anyway( with some trouble ) and ran it afterwards, the first thing i noticed when i set off in first gear, was this huge jolt after i passed around the 1250 rpm like the engine just cuts out for a mille second then gets past it and its fine, but also iv'e been experimenting with the pedal and seems to happen when traveling at speed feathering the throttle ( when your trying to stay at 30 for instance )( or applying throttle exiting a corner in 2nd) it will happen, only a second after you apply the throttle. Next, its definitely got a miss-fire, but only when idling, when you give it the beans the power is there.. (cant hear any missing or abnormal shaking of engine) but you can feel the whole car shakes when its ticking over, and can see the engine rattling about when u lift bonnet (only intermittently though this is not constant ) and also can hear it missing from the exhaust every now and again. also worth noting it only starts missing on tickover after the SAI pump stops it starts to idle shit

ended up ringing the bloke's number off the vx inlet, went to his house he said it sounded fine, checked for any leaking gaskets and nothing he made sure all the vac pipes were in the right places. getting pretty confused anyone???...
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Aug 13 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say you've got a air leak, did you trim the stud down on the alternator, or replace it with a bolt?
daz_corsa

29th Aug 13 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not touched the alternator mate? Should I have? Any pics mate ?
corsadonk
Premium Member

29th Aug 13 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=362354

New Poll