corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fully comp insurance with Admiral...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fully comp insurance with Admiral...
SVM 286

User status: Offline
29th Aug 13 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning all.

Just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them and if they're any good.

They came up cheapest for cover on my daily hack, on money supermarket this year.

Also, do they include third party extension cover for non owned/registered/rented vehicles on their standard comp policies the way the AA and some other insurers do?

Cheers in advance.

Simon_16v

29th Aug 13 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't found them too bad, had a policy with them over the last couple of years.

With regards to the driving others cars 3rd party, you need to be 25 and I think it's something you do have to pay for but don't take my word for it
fred7

29th Aug 13 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with admiral/elephant for years never had a problem and was covered to drive other cars 3rd party included in the policy. Is it just you on the policy? If you can add some 1 like ya mrs or parent always brings the price down with them
tom130691
Premium Member

29th Aug 13 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been with them years, relatively easy to deal with in event of a claim,

i wonder if im covered on other cars then
pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 13 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has to be a new policy once your 25 tommy tank

I'm with them this year as they are the cheapest by far for me... Have accident loose 2 NCB they insure me for 130 less than the year before. Winner

[Edited on 29-08-2013 by pow]
Jamie Walby

29th Aug 13 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah insured with them a few times now. Never had to make a claim with them so couldnt tell you if they are any good when it comes to that.

I was insured last year and im pretty sure it said on my policy I was insured 3rd party to drive another vehicle so long as that vehicle was insured by its owner.... or something like that.
Nismo

29th Aug 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been with them for a few years, there renewals always come out high, then you do a new quote online and it comes out cheaper but thats the same as most companies.

Good online system where you can access all you're documents.
pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 13 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving the new online system, submitted my proof of NCB and printed off my certificate for taxing the car 30 seconds after I paid
tom130691
Premium Member

29th Aug 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

states on my policy i dont have the add on to drive other cars, might ring up and see what the cost of adding it would be, if they will do it
John

29th Aug 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are under 25 they won't.
andy1868

29th Aug 13 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've also been with them for afew years as they were always cheapest. Had abit of fun with them after i had a run in with the law, they had my registration down wrong after i made some changes over the phone. They didn't seem that arsed that i was being reported for no insurance and it being their fault, told me they were emailing me documents stating my insurance on dates etc but just weren't. Managed to get it sorted in the end after 4/5 days of badgering but it was stress i could have done without at the time.

Despite that i still went with them at renewal time as they were far cheaper than anyone else
Graham88

29th Aug 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with them years, always beat other insurers by miles. I didn't even bother shopping around this year it's always a waste of time. I have a multi car policy which also makes it cheaper

Claimed with them years ago and was no problem. May have been because I admitted fault though.
K2 GTi

29th Aug 13 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to tell them about 3 points I had (genuine mistake), and they took £750 straight out my account with no notice. Wasn't happy at the time but lesson learnt
SVM 286

29th Aug 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps. Much appreciated. That's all really helpful.

I'd have been on to respond earlier but i've been out cold all day (pain killers).

I've not used Admiral before and this is the first time they've ever been cheapest for me.

They came up loads cheaper than my renewal quote from the AA this year.

Plus their compulsory excess is a SHITLOAD less than anyone else.

The thing that I find bizarre, is that the three or four insurers that i've been with over the past five years, cannot get anywhere near the quote I got from Admiral and these were all previously the cheapest providers via moneysupermarket.

My circumstances haven't changed. I'm chronologically even further from my last claim. I've had no new claims and no new endorsements and my license is now clean for a change. I also have an even longer NCB period.

Weird

Cheers again fellas
SVM 286

29th Aug 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and Fred, yes it is just me on the policy.

Might try sticking a few relatives on the quote page.
Ben G

29th Aug 13 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with them a few years now. Always cheapest for me.

No problems after I had an accident either.

Don't phone out of normal working hours. If you do, you will speak to akbar mohammed patel who you will not understand, nor will he understand you.
SVM 286

30th Aug 13 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ben.

Bit like HSBC then?

I think their call centres are made out of mud & horse hair and staff uniform is a loin cloth.
andy1868

30th Aug 13 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a valid point, speak to somebody during the day on a weekday and you'll have an easier time on the phone forgot about that snippet of information
DaveyLC

30th Aug 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with Admiral for years, their multi-car deal always comes up trumps for me ..

The off-shire call-centre you get out of hours can be an issue but they are very polite even if you cant understand a bloody word they are saying
stuartmitchell

30th Aug 13 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral are great. Very efficient when an old bint reversed into me. Had a courtesy car on the driveway in 4 hours.

They are cheper for the first few years but then you find there is little movement in there premium and I think they rely on loyalty as opposed to price.

I had to leave them as my new insurer (some online mob) were over £300 cheaper!
gazza808

30th Aug 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Has to be a new policy once your 25 tommy tank

I'm with them this year as they are the cheapest by far for me... Have accident loose 2 NCB they insure me for 130 less than the year before. Winner

[Edited on 29-08-2013 by pow]

doesnt have to be a new policy,
i turned 25 2 months ago, rang up asked to put it on, small admin fee job done.
Ben G

30th Aug 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to get that done on mine, gazza. Turned 25 just 2 weeks after the renewal

Hopefully it's as easy as it was for you.
gazza808

30th Aug 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admittedly the first person I spoke to said it was free, but in the end I got charged 17quid admin, but I've saved that multiple times over just in the last 2 months lol!
pow
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh that's good to know. Will do that come may, cheers
VegasPhil
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great company. Easy to deal with and have Canadian call centres too

I insured both our cars on a multicar policy for about £600 this year.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fully comp insurance with Admiral... 23 database queries in 0.0128720 seconds