corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Power Kites - Ordering a Ozone Octane

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power Kites - Ordering a Ozone Octane
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
   1st Sep 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking into a power foil stunt kite to have some fun with, don't want to use it with a buggy board ect just general kite flying. Been looking into flexifoil I believe it is 2.4 / 2.5 meter kites. Any one had or got one and rate them (the size) to use? It's my first one and time really with one any recommendations?

[Edited on 04-09-2013 by SXI - Matt]
micra_pete
Premium Member

1st Sep 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't do any kiting yet a 2.5 might be a bit much.

I do a bit and 1.9 is plenty pull if you aren't in a board.

Oh and keep it double line to learn with.
micra_pete
Premium Member

1st Sep 13 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may find it a bit small on calmer days but the Symphony Beach 1.7 R2F on amazon is a great starter kite. But needs a but of wind to make it interesting.
micra_pete
Premium Member

1st Sep 13 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for the 2.1 if you want more of a challenge.
SXI - Matt

2nd Sep 13 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so a 2.1 would be a good starter and offer a bit of fun to? Eventually I would like to get a board but ill get the nessesery kite come that time for now I just want one for foot use.
SXI - Matt

2nd Sep 13 at 05:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just quickly why a 2 line and not a 4?
micra_pete
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simplicity and cost really for starting out.

If you're feeling flush / brave then go for it.

AndyKent

2nd Sep 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had one of these when I was a kid - http://www.powerkiteshop.com/kites/flexifoilstacker6.htm

Spent hours flying it, brilliant.

Would love a bigger one now if we had somewhere seriously like (like on our doorstep!) to fly it!
SXI - Matt

2nd Sep 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
simplicity and cost really for starting out.

If you're feeling flush / brave then go for it.

4 line look good for more control and scope if want to be more serious with it, think ill get a 2 metre 4 line. Worried I may get bored after a while with a 2 ?
Pop

2nd Sep 13 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will get bored of a 2m really quickly unless it's gale force outside.
SXI - Matt

2nd Sep 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh really, what size would you go for? I was looking at a 2.5 or 3 meter but wasn't sure if that'd be to much to start with?
Pop

2nd Sep 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Flexifoil Rage 3.5m which is quite good fun.

A few years ago a few of us had a range of kites, a mountain board and a buggy. The largest kite I owned was 6m, which was quite scary at times!

Once you get into it you will want to fly, which usually involves coming back down to earth with a pretty big bump.

If I were you I'd be tempted to go one of two ways. Either get a flexifoil stacker which you will learn from very quickly and can keep for extra windy days in the future. Or you could go a bit larger and hold on for the ride at first, but have a kite which you will use for longer.

Are there any kite clubs or areas where lots of people fly near you. I've always found people pretty friendly and they could let you have a go of a few types before you invest in one.
SXI - Matt

3rd Sep 13 at 03:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been looking at the flexifoil stackers, then super 10 looks good or would that be to much to start with? I've also looked at the ozone octane for an entry level 4 line.

Are the 4 lines really hard to fly at first? Don't want to find it impossible and put my self off. Looks like with a 2 line you can fly instantly with no skill as such required to get going? Just worried ill get bored easily with it.
Pop

3rd Sep 13 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it were me I'd start with a stacker. 2 line kites are really quick to setup and are fun. A super 10 will have plenty of pull. There are no brake lines on these so it's full on all the time. You them can decide if you want to go bigger.

There isn't anything to be concerned about with 4 lines, they just take longer to get ready and pack away.

I'd be tempted by a jump from a super 10 up to a 4.9m Blade 5.

If you are ever down near Reading you could have a go with mine if you want.

[Edited on 03-09-2013 by Pop]
SXI - Matt

3rd Sep 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a few people have said go for the stackers, seem a good starting point, there's 3 I think to choose from guess its between the super 10 and the one below.

As you say they take longer to set up ect, but what's the main advantage of a 4 line over 2? And are they harder to fly, launch ect?

And thanks for the offer just a shame I'm never down that way!!
SXI - Matt

3rd Sep 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help to
Pop

3rd Sep 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 line kites are slightly more difficult to fly as you can apply the brakes on them. If you crash them upside down you can turn them over by yourself and re-launch.

2 line kites really need two people, as one of you needs to launch it. You can do it yourself but it's a bit of a mission compared to a 4 liner.

It's always good to go out with at least one other person with any kite. They can help if needed, it gives you time to rest when they have a go and it's always fun watching each other getting dragged around.
SXI - Matt

3rd Sep 13 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I'm going for a 4 string finally decided

Just now got to choose between the ozone octane or the flexifoil sting! Can't wait to decide and order
SXI - Matt

4th Sep 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well finally decided and am ordering a ozone octane 3m and hopefully in a couple of months will follow that up with a land board :-)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Power Kites - Ordering a Ozone Octane 22 database queries in 0.0121560 seconds