corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » steering rack .. upgrade !?!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steering rack .. upgrade !?!?
csifku

User status: Offline
15th Sep 13 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got so many problems with my power steering, could be pump, could be rack i dont know but im about to buy Manual Steering rack ... i know power steering is better but ... how do u think, many of u got manual ones, how is it feels ? is manual rack got same fitments as the other ones ?
csifku

16th Sep 13 at 03:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csifku
I got so many problems with my power steering, could be pump, could be rack i dont know but im about to buy Manual Steering rack ... i know power steering is better but ... how do u think, many of u got manual ones, how is it feels ? is manual rack got same fitments as the other ones ?

anyone !?!?!?!
RCorsa

16th Sep 13 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manual is obviously a lot heavier, although if you set your toe-out and camber to the correct settings then it's not bad at all. I belive the actual rack mountings to the car are the same.
one-mr-t

16th Sep 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep there the same, it's only hard when parking up or moving slowly when driving its fine. IMO I would sort ur power steering
gazza808

16th Sep 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran the shorter rack on stiff suspension and sticky track tyres. Never had any issues with heavy steering at slow speed etc.
people just need to man up.
Nic Barnes

16th Sep 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bulkhead gromit/hole is larger on a pas rack as I now have a nice windy hole at my feet
Edges 58

16th Sep 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a manual rack off a car with electric pas. Quicker ratio and makes it feel so much better. Quick rack, small steering wheel and sticky track rubber, not an issue on corsas. Light weight steering even unassisted

New Poll