corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can you take cardboard to the dump/tip?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can you take cardboard to the dump/tip?
MatthewR

User status: Offline
16th Sep 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly question but i didnt put our bins out and having just moved in we have so many boxes of cardboard in the back garden just getting soaked etc. Can i just whack it all in the boot and bring it to the local dump or are the funny about all that these days??
DaveyLC

16th Sep 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming you're not going to show up in a commercial vehicle you can take pretty much what ever you like to the tip as long as it poses no serious environmental risk and its not on-fire or alive.
MatthewR

16th Sep 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL
just be in the boot of my Focus mate. Been years since i last used a tip/dump
RichR
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I often turn up in a commercial and sign written vehicle and have only been stopped and asked about it once, to which I just said that I'd borrowed work's vehicles over weekends as I'm renovating and he was fine with it.
Ben G

16th Sep 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matthew they love anything recyclable in those places.
Generation

16th Sep 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We always get asked at our local
Dump for Id to prove you're local and
Now just dumping shit after doing a job in the area.

Hammer

16th Sep 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There'll be a section specifically for cardboard if it's ran properly.

I hate going to the local tip though, the employees are jobsworth wankers.
MatthewR

16th Sep 13 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back!
Well fcuk me the dump has changed from when i was young there used to be some hench machine that u threw anything and everything in and and crunched it it all up lol, this place today was like a mini retail park lol
SVM 286

16th Sep 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Assuming you're not going to show up in a commercial vehicle you can take pretty much what ever you like to the tip as long as it poses no serious environmental risk and its not on-fire or alive.

But Davey, what if you need to get shot of a radioactive cat with AIDS and Ebola, that happens to be strapped to some very unstable emergency flares?
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Sep 13 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I often turn up in a commercial and sign written vehicle and have only been stopped and asked about it once, to which I just said that I'd borrowed work's vehicles over weekends as I'm renovating and he was fine with it.

You're lucky, all of them round here are nobs, went there in a hired van to drop off one TV when my mate moved house, sorry you can park outside and walk in but not bring the van.

TV got carried the length of the tip and lashed in the container with them all neatly stacked. sorry about your nice stack of tellys tip man. Sounded like war
RichR
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both of my local ones even come out and open the height restriction barrier if I go in the big work truck; they're really laid back-only thing they get funny with is plasterboard but ony when it's not bagged
Ben G

16th Sep 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Just got back!
Well fcuk me the dump has changed from when i was young there used to be some hench machine that u threw anything and everything in and and crunched it it all up lol, this place today was like a mini retail park lol

I think they realised you can make a lot of money from rubbish, so tarted the place up so it didn't look like a pikey site.

I try and smash anything worth any value, else they take it to sell on.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vans are a no. Estate cars packed to the hilt returning 10 times a day are ok though

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
deano87

16th Sep 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our local ones are cunts.

And try taking a bag of "mixed waste" from a house clearance. They pretty much make you segregate all the waste and distribute to recycling points of the 8 acre site.
Bonney

17th Sep 13 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

You're lucky, all of them round here are nobs, went there in a hired van to drop off one TV when my mate moved house, sorry you can park outside and walk in but not bring the van.

TV got carried the length of the tip and lashed in the container with them all neatly stacked. sorry about your nice stack of tellys tip man. Sounded like war

Sounds like it's not just me who launches everything in there, just to make sure it's broken!
A2H GO

17th Sep 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't take plasterboard at ours so I always make sure it's well hidden between other stuff.

[Edited on 17-09-2013 by A2H GO]
Chris C

17th Sep 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need carpets Matthew ?
RichR
Premium Member

17th Sep 13 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
They don't take plasterboard at ours so I always make sure it's well hidden between other stuff.

[Edited on 17-09-2013 by A2H GO]

Which one do you go to, Leek just ask for it to separate from building waste and they have a separate area for it. Occasionally, they've made me sign some paperwork to say that its domestic and not commercial but that was it.
A2H GO

17th Sep 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Cheadle one as it's 30 seconds from my house, they always tell me the closest one that accepts it is the Leek one but not going all the way Leek for the sake of a few bits of plasterboard.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Sep 13 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put it in your blue top bin in a bag
Robin
Premium Member

17th Sep 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours is awesome, they'll take anything at all as long as its not mixed. Struggle a bit with tv stands etc as they're often metal glass and 'wood' but anything else is alright.
A2H GO

17th Sep 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
put it in your blue top bin in a bag

They seem strict with bins round here, only been on Staffordshire Moolands council for 2 months and already they've not taken our recycling bin twice, yesterday due to 'plastic packaging wrap mixed with polystyrene'. Not sure what part of that was wrong. Makes me wonder what we pay £140 a month for.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Sep 13 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

polystyrene is the problem. I had the same when someone else used my bin and put polystyrene packaging and a balloon in my recycling bin. In general, if it goes in your blue top (general) bin, especially bagged, they don't bat an eye lid. They only have an issue with things in the recycling or garden waste bin that shouldn't be there.
A2H GO

17th Sep 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS I thought polystyrene was recyclable.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Sep 13 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You think you have it bad, our council won't take glass...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can you take cardboard to the dump/tip? 23 database queries in 0.0106461 seconds