corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Parking offences - coaches in a residential street?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking offences - coaches in a residential street?
fred7

User status: Offline
17th Sep 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently moved into a new build house. Theres a Taxi company down the road with about 10 taxis. They also have 2 mini buses (20+ seats) and 2 coaches Who park up the street but no where near there premises and making the parking for residents awkward. Is there any law there breaking by doing this? Surely cant be legal parking these up a residential street. Also we new about the taxi HQ but wasnt aware of the coaches etc before we moved in. Will try and post a pic
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 13 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terms of the Operator Licence probably prohibits parking them away from the operating centre, which should be somewhere which has been approved for such usage.

It'll only apply to the larger vehicles. Not sure about the <3.5t stuff.
fred7

17th Sep 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok would i be able to get a copy of there O licence? Or do i just go to the council? The thing that bugs us the most is theres a massive rail way station car park at the end of the street with free parking so could park them there.
deano87

17th Sep 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can find information and I believe licenses on the VOSA website. Might take some digging on it though.
fred7

17th Sep 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks i will look now. I believe to get an O licence you have to have off road parking
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 13 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would think the larger vehicles will need dedicated parking, yes.

Probably can't use the station car park as it might be free to short term rail users but they won't be in that category.
fred7

17th Sep 13 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found the owner of the taxi firm but its been withdrawn? http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_anonymousoperatorsearchdetails_new.asp?txtRequestId=243059
fred7

17th Sep 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is him as well under a different company name http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_anonymousoperatorsearchdetails_new.asp?txtRequestId=244449
Toby
Premium Member

17th Sep 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can report them to the Traffic Commissioner at the local office. They could review their ops licence and recommend changes/enforce changes such as parking the vehicles on the registered operating centre.

[Edited on 17-09-2013 by Toby]
Toby
Premium Member

17th Sep 13 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I would think the larger vehicles will need dedicated parking, yes.

Probably can't use the station car park as it might be free to short term rail users but they won't be in that category.

anything over 3.5t that is used for hire or reward.
gazza808

18th Sep 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go the council,

Round area you can't even park work vans/caravans etc,
The odd couple do I they're out the way causing no harm,
But if you park like a dick you get a letter and fine etc.
MatthewR

18th Sep 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perhaps a polite word with the owner might help? If hes not interested or they keep parkingid then go down legal route
_Allan_

18th Sep 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just break the window or slash the tyres each time one parks up. It will soon move away
fred7

18th Sep 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 different resident have said something. They changed for a week then went back to parking like they do.
MatthewR

18th Sep 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fcuk it then
andy1868

18th Sep 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was about to respond saying have a word with the owner but if you've been polite and they're taking the piss then go the legal/council route definitely. How does it go if the taxis aren't owned by the firm, ie the drivers themselves down the vehicles and they're contracted out?
fred7

18th Sep 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats how i think there doing the coaches. I know some of the drivers keep the taxis at home but dont know if thats to get around a law or just saves time.
fred7

19th Sep 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive received an email from vosa today and they are investigating the problem. It was a quick reply and asked for some pictures and more info.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Parking offences - coaches in a residential street? 22 database queries in 0.0116172 seconds