corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What's my Mini worth?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What's my Mini worth?
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   22nd Sep 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copied from my post on Mini Torque, but I haven't had any replies

I'm thinking of selling my R53 as the lack of room in it is starting to get a bit unpractical for me, and I'm piling the miles on it so could you help me put a rough valuation on it? Here's a bit of the spec:

2005 '05' Cooper S
Dark Silver
About to go onto 80k miles
White Roof, Mirrors and Bonnet Stripes
Auto Xenons
Full Black and Blue Leather in good condition
Steering Wheel controls
Alpine headunit
Climate Control
Blue Carpet
Genuine Mini Blue Mats and Rubber Mats
MOT till August '14
Tax till end of Jan '14
Full Service History, last service was the Oil service around 500 miles ago using Gen Mini Oil Filter and Motul Oil from Opie Oils

Mods:
15% Alta Supercharger Pulley fitted by Mad4Mini in Jan/Feb time
Uprated Spark Plugs fitted at the same time
Dave F Airbox fitted about a year ago
Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust, this was already fitted when I bought the car, think it's an eBay special
17" BBS replica's with 205/40 Yoko Parada's all round that were new about 1000 miles ago, I had the wheels refurbished a few months ago and are immaculate
Spax Lowering Springs
Powerflex Front Wishbone Rear Bushes
OMP Front Upper Strut Brace

I've only ever run it on Shell V Power, and I have always used Castrol Edge oil until I was recommended this Motul oil by another R53 owner.

It is washed regularly to a high detail and protected using Collinite 476s

The car is immaculate apart from stone chips and a tiny dent in the drivers door which I may get sorted before I sell it.

I also have the original springs and wheels which may also be put back on to make it appeal to more people!

Thanks!
Rich H

22nd Sep 13 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They seem to have dropped in value quite a bit over the last couple of years as mine lost about £1500 in the time I owned it.

I think you'd be looking at £5.5k to the right buyer who actually wanted the mods, but would maybe have to accept something around £5k.
Norcy91

22nd Sep 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, having the mods sort of limits the market it appeals to, so maybe changing the wheels and springs back could help. I'd be over the moon with £5k though!
Rich H

22nd Sep 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the post facelift and one of the more desirable colours which will help. Interior is a bit marmite though (I deliberately steered clear of the blue interiors when I was buying!)

If you can find the right buyer who would eventually do those mods anyway then you should get the money as it'd save them quite a bit in the longrun!
Norcy91

22nd Sep 13 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I personally love the interior, preferred it over a completely black one. I'll have to get some pictures up when I've got access to macbook
SimonTW

23rd Sep 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you might struggle to get 5 at the moment. There are loads for sale so it's a real buyers market. I'm struggling to get offers of 4k at the moment on my modified one which is what the standard ones are going for.

[Edited on 23-09-2013 by SimonTW]
DaveyLC

23rd Sep 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The private second hand car market is DEAD.. Dealers who offer finance and warranties are cleaning up in the current climate but this does mean Dealers are paying reasonable money for private cars!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What's my Mini worth? 22 database queries in 0.0136039 seconds