corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » drinking without getting leathered

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author drinking without getting leathered

User status: Offline
17th Oct 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone any tips? basically doing a all dayer and want to last it haha heard the milk, eating before you go etc
flybikeslee

17th Oct 13 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont drink as much...obvious
BarnshaW

17th Oct 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drink soft drinks in between alcohol... as above pretty simple really
JonnyJ

17th Oct 13 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat, not just before you go but throughtout the day. Pace yourself, dont go downing pints or having stupid shots.

Dont be a lightweight

17th Oct 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Eat, not just before you go but throughtout the day. Pace yourself, dont go downing pints or having stupid shots.

Dont be a lightweight

I don't claim to be the king of drinkers but were starting out at 9am on a weekend away and guessing we wont be fininshing to a good 16 hours later so the l think the don't be a lightweight option is outa the window
JonnyJ

17th Oct 13 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easily achievable. Went to the cricket at Durham and started drinking at 6am and finished up at a club at 2am with constant drinking throughout the day, just pace yourself. When i usually go for a night out a pint will last me say 15-20mins, but on an all dayer just make it last 30-40mins, or have a break of an hour or so while you eat.

The lads i go with are far big drinkers than me so if i think im going a bit over the edge early doors and they go for another pint while im only half way through mine I'll just skip on getting another, no point ruining the day just trying to keep up with people who can drink far more than you.

17th Oct 13 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im pretty much in the same boat im youngest by a good 20 year and they put there pints away in matter of minutes plus there a rugby team most of them so had many big sessions practise ha my first thought was have a good breakfast and start on bottles not pints as they rarely stay in a pub for 40 mins so cant stretch a pint that long
JonnyJ

17th Oct 13 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes i actually find it easier to last on an all dayer than a regular night out, as theres much less emphasis on just getting pissed and more on just enjoying the day.

Bottles would be a decent idea if they are quick drinkers as you'll be taking in about half of what they are doing. Cant stand bottles myself like, only get onto them when you get to a club and the beer on tap tastes of piss
stuartmitchell

17th Oct 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant drink pints to save myself mate so stick to bottles of Bud, Miller or Heineken if feeling brave!

17th Oct 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think ill start of with big breakfast n pint of milk then hit the bottles then
pow
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always go for bottles instead of pints
Balling
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
stick to bottles of Bud, Miller or Heineken if you don't like beer.

JonnyJ

17th Oct 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Thats because you're a pansy southerner pal
Y869 SRA

17th Oct 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to make a pint last around 45 mins, have 3 of them then have a soft drink in front of me for an hour before drinking alcohol again.
Jamie Walby

17th Oct 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1986
quote:

Dont be a lightweight

I don't claim to be the king of drinkers but were starting out at 9am on a weekend away and guessing we wont be fininshing to a good 16 hours later so the l think the don't be a lightweight option is outa the window

You have come to the right place.

a 9am start should cause you no bother if you smash in a a huge breakfast. I find a full english with a few extra slices of toast set me up nicely for an all day session. Stick with one drink for the first innings, if you are a real man, which I would like to think you are, go for ales. You will be sitting pretty whilst all your mates that have been on the lager start to suffer form the dreaded beer bubble belly which is something you need to avoid at all costs. If you start to feel a little wobbly, get a pint of water in you though this should probably be done on the sly as you will get ridiculed for it.

Try not to skip lunch, again something with bread involved always does me proud. A pizza, burger, club sandwich. At this point you can probably start to think about indulging in some lager and picking up the pace.

As it gets towards dinner time you will probably be starting to love life so go with the flow from here.

I find the trick is to hold it together until 6-7pm. At that point its ok to really let yourself off the leash. I find this is where I start thinking I am the dude and white russians come into play.

In summary, dont let yourself go hungry. Dont get involved in any drinking games early doors, if you do, make sure you are alert at all times.

I wish you the best of luck.

mike56gte

17th Oct 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by V931_FEF
I tend to make a pint last around 45 mins, have 3 of them then have a soft drink in front of me for an hour before drinking alcohol again.

45mins! it will have gone flat in that time
Corsa_Sport21

17th Oct 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sometimes i actually find it easier to last on an all dayer than a regular night out,

Same.

When we go on a works days out to Edinburgh, normally start at around 1pm and don't feel wrecked until well past 9pm. Have a few in each pub then the time it takes to move on to the next etc you aren't drinking so in a way you are pacing yourself. And that's doing random shots etc too.

Starting at 9am?? Where you going to get booze at that time.
nathy_87

17th Oct 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drink Non-Alcoholic beers? Taste the same just don't get drunk.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Not half! I'd get some right shit if i tried drinking bottles on a session. Might as well get a half you soft bastard!
JonnyJ

17th Oct 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby

I find the trick is to hold it together until 6-7pm. At that point its ok to really let yourself off the leash. I find this is where I start thinking I am the dude and white russians come into play.

Well summed up Walby, this is the yardstick i aim for also
JonnyJ

17th Oct 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Not half! I'd get some right shit if i tried drinking bottles on a session. Might as well get a half you soft bastard!

I honestly detest bottles, it takes me about twice the amount of time to finish one as it does a pint, just cannot take a good gulp Plus it always contains super fizzy piss like Bud and the like.
sc0ott

17th Oct 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being out in the fresh air, walking between pubs all day will get you drunk quicker. Dont breathe as much when youre outside
DaveyLC

17th Oct 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drink bitter/ale
pow
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Never mind the fact I prefer bottled beer?!
LeeM

17th Oct 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cocaine.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » drinking without getting leathered 23 database queries in 0.0161970 seconds