corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » discs and pads help on wear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author discs and pads help on wear
cunningham

User status: Offline
21st Oct 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok i changed discs and pads on my astra at the weekend all went well apart from the old disc being badly corrorded to the hub.

Anyways ive done less than 40 mile but i have a question

The discs are painted in a rust protection black paint from the middle of the disc to the vented outside has started to wear but the inside has not yet. Is this an issue? Do they need to bed in? or have i not install the pads correctly?
Corsa_Sport21

21st Oct 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean the disc faces have been painted??
cunningham

21st Oct 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the whole disc mate there grooved and dimpled so those parts will stay black and all th black of the faces will be removed. This is how i can see the uneven wear but im wondering if thats what happens until they have beeded in.
cunningham

21st Oct 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250927180828? ... 1423.l2649

Theres and example of them
Corsa_Sport21

21st Oct 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have both of them went the same way?? It should remove it all evenly.

Im having the same bother actually. Fitted new discs pads and calipers on Saturday. The passenger side discs is clean of the scoring marks from the manufacturing process, but the drivers side, from the middle of the disc to the inside, it still has the score marks. I removed the caliper today, cleaned it up more, put on more grease and refitted. Havn't done any miles to see if its started to wear down evenly.

But yeah, it should remove all the paint at once.
cunningham

21st Oct 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cool got its mot on thursday will it fail for that or advisory? or do they not care aslong has it passes the brake test?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » discs and pads help on wear 22 database queries in 0.0061581 seconds