corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » please all contribute! (your thoughts, ideas and experiences with speaker manufacturers that is)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author please all contribute! (your thoughts, ideas and experiences with speaker manufacturers that is)
Bonzai

User status: Offline
   9th May 03 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna buy some 6x9s this week. dont know which yet. ill only be payin £50 max

please speak now if you have anythin bad 2 say about any manufacturers!

i had kenwoods before and couldnt fault them

feel free 2 contribute. Cheers,

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by lordbonzai]
Ben
Banned

9th May 03 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s infinity all the way!!!
Bonzai

9th May 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol no i aint no religious cult that needs funding.

ill edit it now!
Rover Steve

10th May 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a set of Pioneers in my doors (Yes, i know 6x9's are a bit large for there ) But i thought they were great. Had a 12" sub in the boot and it sounded awsome. I'm getting Pheonix gold stuff now. Just forked out £120 for the wiring Next is the 2 amps and the 15" sub
Ste
TOMAS

10th May 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For signal generation and processing... one word... ///ALPINE
For speaker manufacturer's i wouldnt say alpine but they aint far behind, never really loved any of their mid to upper range drivers but ive not really had THAT much experience in that department, its hard to say with speakers as it tends to be a lot of personal preferance.

You do get what you pay for though and i still have the oppinion that INSTALL is THE most important thing.

You could quite easilly screw-over a set of £400 components if you didnt set the crossover correctly, sound deaden or spend time finding the correct position/angle and blending them ith the rest of ya system.

Basically spend say £400 on front comps, INSTALL them correctly, then go stick a set of shit sony's on the back shelf without good INSTALL and youve wasted youre time and money on the whole god damn sysem!!

- blah blah you can all wake up now, bet thats been a great help
Bonzai

10th May 03 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rover Steve
I had a set of Pioneers in my doors (Yes, i know 6x9's are a bit large for there ) But i thought they were great.

did you put them in the original speaker mounting hole or just whack it in the door card? have u any pics? cheers fella

[Edited on 10-05-2003 by lordbonzai]
pimpwagon

14th May 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the kenwood 6709's r pretty good but i now wish i had bought infinities, they r worth the extra m8!
Bonzai

15th May 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 6907s before they got nicked, doesnt matter now cos i cant afford 2 pay for new ones until i know how much my speedin fine will be
DIGGIDY

15th May 03 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should get a 12 -> 240 volt power converter. Then nick your dad's exspensive sound system from the house and replace your 2 mates on the back seat. Sorted!!!
corb

15th May 03 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focal, CDT, Phoenix Gold, Genesis and Infinity(but they arent in the same league!!)

New Poll