corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is Corsasport getting quieter?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is Corsasport getting quieter?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People blamed it on the summer and the fact people are out enjoying themselves etc.

But i am finding i can back each day and is a handful of new posts whereas a few years page you could post something and come back the next day to find it on page 2 where so many new threads were being generated.
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Nov 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only been here for around 2 years and I've noticed this.

Can click recent threads in the morning and read some new posts, then click recent threads again in the evening and the same threads are still there

Find myself on Corsa C|UK alot more now as that forum seems to be a lot more active.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath hadn't been active for a month.

People get gfs then suddenly don't use the Internet, it's strange behaviour
simonXE

22nd Nov 13 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this is the case then it's a shame because I like this forum!
mike56gte

22nd Nov 13 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been noticing this over the last year or so. can go hours with only a couple comments left in the hole general chat section.
Tiger

22nd Nov 13 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure Ian will have the traffic figures.
SVM 286

22nd Nov 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo miles quieter than recent years
3CorsaMeal

22nd Nov 13 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you reckon its to do with the Corsa B slowly dying out and become more and more of a car only enthusiasts would buy.
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Nov 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Do you reckon its to do with the Corsa B slowly dying out and become more and more of a car only enthusiasts would buy.

Definitely, most of the cars that were on here when I first joined have mostly all gone and i've not really been here that long to say how long CS has been running.

The likes of Darryl H, SeanXE, Pagey, Kieran, Shaunmods, Christopher, DansCorsaSXi etc are the cars I remember all of which don't have Corsas anymore or use a different car as a daily and have their Corsas garaged.

Seems like there are hardly any new progress threads of Corsas being made, slowly filling up with BMWs, Porsches etc.

Because B's aren't really a popular first choice car anymore, there aren't that many new arrivals coming onto the site. Most go to CC|UK as most young drivers wouldn't be seen in a Corsa B and would much rather get a C/D
mwg

22nd Nov 13 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seems to be much going on of interest any more. Even Sports Day has died down the past couple of football seasons.

There's probably a core of people here that grew up with Corsa B's and posted regularly but now they are getting a bit older don't frequent it as much and they aren't being replaced by new members as people are now driving other cars when they are younger
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been thinking this tbh
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still not as quite as weekend racer....
flybikeslee

22nd Nov 13 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still the busiest forum i bother with
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no figures at hand but it does 'seem' quieter, events still seem strong such as PVS which regularly hits 100 cars. By the end of the season interest does seem to die off, Castle Combe Summer Action Day (its in September) is not as busy as the Spring Action Day.

I wouldnt be suprised if its all down to facebook, seems alot more accepted at work/less likely to be blocked and people sit on there hitting refresh.

[Edited on 22-11-2013 by willay]
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New member. I prefer this site to the other Corsa ones, dont like the appearance of corsa-b.co.uk and
ukcorsa-d.com is a weird site, no one really says anything negative when someone adds shit mods and progress threads last 2 pages.

[Edited on 22-11-2013 by CorsaBM8]
Gaz

22nd Nov 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a sign if the times, we have all grown older and have more family based commitments. Internet time is out on the back burner and as for spare cash to play with cars is concerned, quite a lot of people will simply choose to maintain their car rather than modify it to the extremes people used too.

I know there are still lads on here creating some super projects but for the majority of us, this site is used more so from a social aspect now rather than actually owning a Corsa.

[Edited on 22-11-2013 by Gaz]
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaBM8
New member. I prefer this site to the other Corsa ones, dont like the appearance of corsa-b.co.uk and
ukcorsa-d.com is a weird site, no one really says anything negative when someone adds shit mods and progress threads last 2 pages.

[Edited on 22-11-2013 by CorsaBM8]

corsa B was always terrible
Ben G

22nd Nov 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When someone asks you what you're looking at on your phone, it's far easier to say you're on facebook/anything else other than a car site, which is named after a car you don't even own anymore.
Robbo

22nd Nov 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

think its called havign an actual life. somehtign youd know nothing aboiut, obvs.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

think its called havign an actual life. somehtign youd know nothing aboiut, obvs.

Dunno, sounds like something you would be guilty of Robbo, one day posting on here then once you fall in love with a girl again in 24 hours we won't see you until it goes all pear shaped.
Chris x

22nd Nov 13 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems as if there's allot less prem members. Probs because 'the thread' has been shit this year!
Robbo

22nd Nov 13 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

Dunno, sounds like something you would be guilty of Robbo, one day posting on here then once you fall in love with a girl again in 24 hours we won't see you until it goes all pear shaped.
id still be here and about whilst at work, but hardly use outside of work thesde days
Lynny

22nd Nov 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been away a while and noticed a huge difference since coming back. I recall when there'd be several pages of posts each day, especially around the time when offday first came
Hammer

22nd Nov 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CM and Steve will notice it as they are not regular contributors to the new place to be, House Day.

Should just call it HouseSport.
James

22nd Nov 13 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Seems as if there's allot less prem members. Probs because 'the thread' has been shit this year!

Probably because the premium benefits aren't worth it any more.

1) Image hosting you can get anywhere for free.
2) Webmail you can get anywhere for free.
3) Bigger U2U quota and Avatar/Signature are fairly pointless benefits.
4) Motor industry discounts are good in theory but I've personally never benefited.
5) Apparently premium members also get priority support, which I'm not sure about

I only really use Geek Day and House Day now. House Day is actually a surprisingly useful/interesting sub-forum.

[Edited on 22-11-2013 by James]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is Corsasport getting quieter? 22 database queries in 0.0139799 seconds