corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MP's get 11% payrise

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MP's get 11% payrise
Russ

User status: Offline
8th Dec 13 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the actual.

When the poorest public sector workers get no or 1% cost of living rise, they have the audacity to take 11%..

Shocking, and before somebody says, "you have to pay more to attract the best people", i agree, when do the good ones start and the shit ones finish?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25287108

[Edited on 08-12-2013 by Russ]
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 13 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pricks, just trying to find them to give them some shit on Twitter but the neither organisation nor the chairman have accounts.
Russ

8th Dec 13 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 08-12-2013 by Russ]
Dave

8th Dec 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do only Tories get the rise Russ?

Agreed it is completely mental that the people in charge of this thought it was a good idea though, as if the reputation of MP's wasn't already in tatters following expenses debacle, the completely inept management of the economy and all the rest of crap the average tax payer has had to put up with recently. Hardly any wonder so few people bother voting anymore.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 13 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know its not at all the MPs' decision.

And of course they're all publicly against it.

Privately of course, another matter. Who wouldn't take it. Doesn't mean some unelected group of old rich people should make the decision for us.

[Edited on 08-12-2013 by Ian]
Balling
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mention of the size of the reduction on pensions and resettlement grants, which is sort of needed to get the full picture.

"After 2015, it proposes that MPs' wages would increase annually in line with average UK earnings."
That pretty much seems a given. How have the wages been managed so far, if not by the market index?

Dave

8th Dec 13 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It isn't the MP's decision, seems wise that this is taken away from the MP's but they have got this horribly wrong.

My local MP was pretty vocal about it, both publicly and privately. He is happy to admit he is already very well paid and this rise is damaging.
Cavey

8th Dec 13 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supposedly its an independent watchdog who have decided on this pay rise. Which will cost the taxpayer £4.6m but Theres been a squeeze on pensions which will save £2.5m (according to sky news just now)
Cavey

8th Dec 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still seems absurd that the rest of the public sector is getting no or little payrise, but some people have decided MP need theirs increased to £74,000
Russ

8th Dec 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave

no.

the tories are devastated, they have all come out and said that they don't want this money and i'm sure that they will accept it with a heavy heart, along with every other mp
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad I'm getting out the public sector Tbh.

Jambo

8th Dec 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is unsurprising and not really worth getting upset about.

Bankers are more of a worry.
SVM 286

8th Dec 13 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
when do the good ones start and the shit ones finish?

Never Russ. They are all shit. That's why they are MPs.
Daimo B

8th Dec 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Still seems absurd that the rest of the public sector is getting no or little payrise, but some people have decided MP need theirs increased to £74,000

MP's didn't get a raise for a fair while IIRC? Public sector workers did, and if they dont they go on strike anyway.

And lets face it, £74k for being a member of the government who runs the country, really isn't that much money. Especially when you get newly qualified solicitors earning more than that after a couple of years.

In terms of "senior" type roles, £74k isn't much money at all when were talking about an economy that is into trillions of £

Perspective. Jambo understands I think
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The chief exec of Worcestershire county council alone earns far more than david cameron
fir3vip3r

8th Dec 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

MP's didn't get a raise for a fair while IIRC? Public sector workers did, and if they dont they go on strike anyway.

And lets face it, £74k for being a member of the government who runs the country, really isn't that much money. Especially when you get newly qualified solicitors earning more than that after a couple of years.

In terms of "senior" type roles, £74k isn't much money at all when were talking about an economy that is into trillions of £

Perspective. Jambo understands I think

You seem to be forgetting the numerous back handers, other business interests and other "perks" afforded to mp's
Dave

8th Dec 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
The chief exec of Worcestershire county council alone earns far more than david cameron

When you look at it terms of responsibility, the PMs pay does seem a bit paltry. A friend of mine runs a relatively small company, probably employs 20 people yet he earns way more than the PM.

Also, the money wasted by councils on pointless wages and general, usually unaccountable, incompetence makes a bit of a mockery of the governments attempts to save money via benefit cuts. Gotta keep those voters happy though.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Public sector pay is far to inflated in senior positions with an over employment in these posts and under employment in actual day to day working posts.

There's loads of shit going on, I reckon some major fuck up is going to happen at Worcester before long.

[Edited on 08-12-2013 by Steve]
_Allan_

8th Dec 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here here. Fully deserved imo.

Sitting in the Commons and grunting every few mins is a stressful job imo.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm now 11% more pissed off
Dom

8th Dec 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

no.

the tories are devastated, they have all come out and said that they don't want this money and i'm sure that they will accept it with a heavy heart, along with every other mp

Like how you single out the Tories yet the pay rise applies to other party MP's
Russ

8th Dec 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:

no.

Like how you single out the Tories yet the pay rise applies to other party MP's
i didnt he did? i was merely stating that they were upset ..."along with every other mp"

no need to say sorry dom x
Dave

8th Dec 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You used a conservative poster!
Russ

8th Dec 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes.
Bart

8th Dec 13 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what makes it more sickening is the fact that a lot of the MPs are only doing this 'part time', i.e they still have normal jobs earning another £30k+ on top of that.

Its disgusting.
I have never voted and never intend to. It doesn't matter which corrupt calamity party runs this country, they're all as bad as one another.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MP's get 11% payrise 23 database queries in 0.0101371 seconds