corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Having sidelights in the same lamp as the indicators???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Having sidelights in the same lamp as the indicators???
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
9th Dec 13 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in, can you run the sidelights in the indicator unit?? So that when you indicate, the lamp flashes orange, but the sidelight stays on and is still visible.
AlexW

9th Dec 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoudln't be a problem, Modern cars with DRL's dim or switch off with indicators.

Plus I wired up a 1933 Lagonda with indicators the other day, made that do exactly the same as you plan.
Corsa_Sport21

9th Dec 13 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have explained a bit more lol.

What i mean is, the sidelights will still be on, they won't shut off. The orange is brighter and can still be seen over the white, but still not a clear on/off flash if you know what i mean.

It's not for me. Some1 over on the Vectra forums has done it, thinking it will be ok, but im pretty sure its not lol.
Toby
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old Haynes manual would have suggested that it was an MOT fail.
Edges 58

9th Dec 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Commonly done on e46 3 series. Should be fine. I would say have clear lenses though with orange indicator bulbs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Having sidelights in the same lamp as the indicators??? 22 database queries in 0.0095129 seconds