corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you rather...

Poll: Would you rather...
Get your car back but other people still suffer 8 (34.78%)
Don't get your car back but thieves get punished 15 (65.22%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you rather...
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Dec 13 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was reading Stu_22's thread about him having his cars stolen and it got me thinking.

If your pride and joy was stolen would you rather:

Have it returned to you in the condition it was when it was taken, but the thieves are never found and continue to steal other people's cars...

...or you don't get your car back, you get a pay out instead but the thieves are caught, get punished and don't steal again. This obviously means you're gutted you don't have your car back, but it also means no other innocent person has to go through what you went through.

MX5 Project Thread
Toby
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This motor they could keep. Replaced easily enough.
N16K

9th Dec 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting your car back does not mean they have caught those that took it. Need more options IMO .
nibnob21
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
Getting your car back does not mean they have caught those that took it. Need more options IMO .

That's the point. Both options have good and bad points about them.

MX5 Project Thread
p

9th Dec 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right wing option.
Edges 58

9th Dec 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can 'you get to beat the living shit outta them' be an option?
3CorsaMeal

9th Dec 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you get any money if you get car back? Like compensation? I'd want my car back. Even if it was written off.
Ronson

9th Dec 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather have my car back as you just know the scumbags will keep on pinching, punishments aren't harsh enough imo. Steal someones property and you should have a hand chopped off.
BeetleGav

9th Dec 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id Rather it wasn't stolen at all
Jed D

9th Dec 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
I'd rather have my car back as you just know the scumbags will keep on pinching, punishments aren't harsh enough imo. Steal someones property and you should have a hand chopped off.

this lad speaks sense...

sometimes
Kieran
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

In turkey they do just that. And sexual assault, you will have you cock chopped off! Should be the same for here!
SVM 286

10th Dec 13 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Was reading Stu_22's thread about him having his cars stolen and it got me thinking.

If your pride and joy was stolen would you rather:

Have it returned to you in the condition it was when it was taken, but the thieves are never found and continue to steal other people's cars...

...or you don't get your car back, you get a pay out instead but the thieves are caught, get punished and don't steal again. This obviously means you're gutted you don't have your car back, but it also means no other innocent person has to go through what you went through.

There needs to be an option of...

''car returned, with every component their disgusting pikey hands/bodies/breath came into contact with, replaced new for old and full detailing carried out to vehicle. Plus a substantial and comprehensive financial compensation (preferably from the thieves and their families). Plus the thieves get starved and raped for a week or so and then set on fire''

I'd be more or less satisfied with that and nothing less.
davegreen
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

and if they do it again, the other hand chopped off!
IainL

10th Dec 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather have the car back. There's always someone else out there who will be nicking cars. Can we have a third option 'Catch thief, do them in, make look like an accident' ?
SVM 286

10th Dec 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or nail them to their front door. Or crucify them on an adjacent lamp post, so it's pretty bloody obvious it wasn't an accident, but sends message.
Gaz

10th Dec 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Self-defence your honour'
'But you don't have a mark on you!'
'No your honour, my baseball bat, knives, loaded shot gun and hanging equipment were just in my bedside cabinet ready and waiting'
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 13 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neither - I'd rather they used it to wrap themselves around a tree.

Normally leave enough fuel in there so they can go really fast and have a big fire.

Not sure if I told you the one about phoning a radio show when two lads were killed in a stolen car going through the Mersey Tunnel, I emailed to say it was a shame and they read it up, then the next line which I said the shame was the back seat was empty of more of the stealing scumbags.

You see the video of the old Jap thing getting donuted and burnt out in Ireland? I'd happily watch those armoured Land Rovers drive up and the guy snipe a little head-shot out of the side window. In that case the guy should have got his car back and taken it to Retropower for a full resto, team up with Wonga.com and send the bill to the estate of the dead scumbag, they can pool together and raise a fiver a week for a few generations.

[Edited on 10-12-2013 by Ian]
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any car before this one I'd have said "keep the car, give me money" with little care for what actually happened for the thief.

A few light/moderate injuries due to a crash in my car would probably raise a little smile, but realistically they won't suffer much at the hands of the law.

With this car however I'd really want it back in its' current state, put more care/effort into it than I have with any other car - can't replace that with a payout even if it did cover the "cold" costs of my aftermarket parts.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 13 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is - if you get it back, they'll be asked nicely not to do it again please.

And they'll do it to some other person.

I love my cars, be sad if they get ruined in a high speed fireball, but sleep soundly, you've gone a good thing for humanity.
LukesCorsaSXi

10th Dec 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather the thieves get locked up. Get a pay out and put it towards a VXR lol.
SVM 286

10th Dec 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Ian's idea. I'd prefer it if they were trapped upside down in a burning wreck.
Graham88

10th Dec 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd want my M3 back. It's very difficult to replace
aj80

10th Dec 13 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does getting it back and running them over and then reversing over them again count at all
SVM 286

10th Dec 13 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a thought.
Ronson

10th Dec 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:

this lad speaks sense...

sometimes

I speak sense often it's just people rarely agree with me because they're scared what other people might think of them for having an honest and straight to the point way of thinking.

I'm very rarely wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
quote:

In turkey they do just that. And sexual assault, you will have you cock chopped off! Should be the same for here!

I know in some (if not all) Islamic countrys they cut a hand off for theft but I didn't know they cut cocks off as most Islamist men wont touch another mans cock (in public) unless its a lad under the age of 16.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you rather... 25 database queries in 0.0125430 seconds