corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorbike riding experience days - Experienced rider?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbike riding experience days - Experienced rider?
Christopher

User status: Offline
11th Jan 14 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So my dads 50th is coming up july this year and im trying to think of something a bit more special but without having to sell my limbs to pay for it. My dads always been into bikes, had a few suzukis and things over the years but a house move and job etc forced him to sell his last bike about 10 years ago! So basically im looking for a good motorbike thing thats for experienced riders that some of you may have experiences with or would advise? Preferably in the south east sort of region but will travel a little if worth while!
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jan 14 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ron Haslam school?
Christopher

11th Jan 14 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Ron Haslam school?

Bit far lee. Got anymore details on it?
Gaz

11th Jan 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a wheelie school down south if that sort of thing is up his street?
It teaches you to wheelie with customers bikes
Daimo B

11th Jan 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the money available. Hire a bike on a trackday?

Unless your doing trackdays I wouldn't bother so much with the Race School. It would teach better riding techniques etc, but if he doesn't have a bike anymore then it wouldn't help as its more a learning day instead of go fast day (i.e make you go round in 1 gear, not allowed to use brakes etc)
Wheelie school as mentioned. I'd like to do it too. Starts off on wheelie bars.

Off Road-MotoX Greenlane tour? Popular, hard work, muddy, good day out.

Top spec entry tickets to MotoGP/WSB?
Daimo B

11th Jan 14 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, bike trackday hire is £300+, then add the cost of the trackday.
Carl

12th Jan 14 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.chriswalkerraceschool.com/
Christopher

12th Jan 14 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Depends on the money available. Hire a bike on a trackday?

Unless your doing trackdays I wouldn't bother so much with the Race School. It would teach better riding techniques etc, but if he doesn't have a bike anymore then it wouldn't help as its more a learning day instead of go fast day (i.e make you go round in 1 gear, not allowed to use brakes etc)
Wheelie school as mentioned. I'd like to do it too. Starts off on wheelie bars.

Off Road-MotoX Greenlane tour? Popular, hard work, muddy, good day out.

Top spec entry tickets to MotoGP/WSB?

Thanks buddy very helpful! Think the hiring a bike track day would be too expensive i was looking more half that price really! However i might be able to see if i can find someone we know with one and see if he borrow for a track day as such so i guess thats an option. Hes always been more of a motogp/WSB type of guy so not sure how exciting hed find the trialing day but something il look into! Only trouble is i have no idea whats good if i was to book tickets for MotoGP/WSB, plus id have to buy him 2 tickets as he cant go on his own

Carl

12th Jan 14 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about writing to a few of the race teams and explaining itts his birthday and you are going to get him tickets for whatever event, see if they will let you in hospitality bit etc for nowt or let you come visit bits. Worth a shot.
Gaz

12th Jan 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
what about writing to a few of the race teams and explaining itts his birthday and you are going to get him tickets for whatever event, see if they will let you in hospitality bit etc for nowt or let you come visit bits. Worth a shot.

Worth a shot indeed, or even a tour of the factory :-)
Christopher

14th Jan 14 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a good idea lads! Will get on it! Thanks

[Edited on 14-01-2014 by Christopher]
Daimo B

14th Jan 14 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can get a trackbike, then I'd suggest Snetterton over Brands. Its like £90 vs £140 for a summer trackday (Snet comes down to like £50-£70 in colder months). Then fuel, getting there and back.

The easiest would be the off roading. Have to put some subtle questions. "on my mates doing some enduro greenlaning stuff" see how he reacts They usually supply the lot, bikes, kit etc.

If he's still got the license, book a test ride on something, free gift Done that for wifey yeaaars ago in a TVR Speed 6

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorbike riding experience days - Experienced rider? 22 database queries in 0.0123050 seconds