corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New insurance company and NCB......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New insurance company and NCB......
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
17th Jan 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question.

When changing to a new insurance company, and they request proof of NCB, do they check with the previous insurer to make sure all is legit??
John

17th Jan 14 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes.
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jan 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So there is a good chance they will check seeing as ive told them i have 1 year, but my previous insurers have sent me a confirmation letter saying i have 6 years.
John

17th Jan 14 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would expect them to query that. Phone up and say you've just had your proof through and you actually have 6, you will send them it in.

Can't say it's your fault when you are reading what's on the letter.
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jan 14 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im due to send them some documents anyway (including NCB proof) so will just scan it all and email it to them. I will give them a call 1st to say ive made a mistake and have 6 years instead of 1 year and see if they will amend the price.
ed

17th Jan 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience they either ask you to send an NCD evidence from your previous insurer to them or you give the previous insurer permission to confirm with the new insurer over the phone and they call them.
spencer88

17th Jan 14 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will ask for proff.

When I took my new policy out, I put down online I had 6 years (from memory I thought I did)

In fact I had 5, so when I sent them the form they simply amended my figure, went up by about £4!
Ben G

17th Jan 14 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral asked for my previous insurance policy number iirc.
deano87

17th Jan 14 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why lie between and 1 and 6 years?
Andrew

17th Jan 14 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Because it will be a lot cheaper. It's not rocket science!
Jamie-C

18th Jan 14 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would they send you a letter saying you have 6 when you only have 1?
John

18th Jan 14 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the insurance company have sent him proof saying he has 6.
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jan 14 at 05:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, long story but here goes.

When i was with my previous insurer i had 0 NCB. When i took the policy out, they said for every year (up to 5 years) where i could prove i was a named driver on a policy they would give me the equivalent of 1 years NCB. So i provided them with 5 separate previous policy details where i was a named driver, so they gave the equivalent of 5 years discount. At the end of the policy, if i chose to re-new with them, they would put it up to 6 years (5 previous, and the 1 year i earned) or if i wen't elsewhere, they would only give me the 1 year i earned with them.

I got my renewal details and proof of NCB and it stated 6 years, but was pen'd on that it would only be 1 transferable year with another insurer.

I needed to send it in quick to my new insurer so called them up and told them i lost it, can they email me another with the proof so i can forward it to my new insurer. Came back saying they can't email me it, can only post it, and confirmed over the phone i had 6 years. So said ok post it out. Was expecting it to be the same as the last letter, but its not, and it clearly states i have 6 years.

Its a confirmation letter with name, address, D.O.B, policy number, policy lapse date, NCB proof, no claims recorded for this policy, etc etc.

My thinking for them asking is its a bit suspect me saying i have 1 when i took the policy out, then all of a sudden i say i have 6.

[Edited on 18-01-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jan 14 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love insurance.

Renewal came through for the mini, 700 quid. Which was a lot more than last year, in fact double because of a knock I had, so whoever said it would go up even with protected no claims you were correct.

Anyway I rang up to find out price of Landrover too and with multicar discount the price was 700 for mini plus 800 for Landrover. This was direct line btw who iv been with for about 11 years.

Lol I said to that, rang Admiral got both insured for a total of 700. Had to provide my direct line policy number as ncb proof.

Why are you leaving they asked when I called direct line to cancel. Err because you want to charge me twice as much as Admiral. Oh they said, let me see what we can do, 5 mins later, we can knock 30 pounds off your premium? Yeah Ok il take that. Not. Tarah

[Edited on 18-01-2014 by Steve]
AndyCorsaSport

18th Jan 14 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

He's saying he had 1 when they've said 6.

Not like he's saying 6 to get it cheaper when he really has one. He's trying to be honest saying 1.
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jan 14 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's correct. Said 1 from the start when I took out the new policy. But if old company want to give me 6, then I sure as shit will be taking the 6.

[Edited on 18-01-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]
_Allan_

18th Jan 14 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got £700 off a bike policy once for simply calling up. All cunts, expect people to auto renew. I've also cut off my nose to spite my face when an existing company offered me £50 less to stay. I told them to GTF
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jan 14 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My renewal price was quite a bit cheaper, but not quite the £300 less than the renewal price.

Called them up and they weren't interested in trying to beat it, or even match it.
JonnyJ

18th Jan 14 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I love insurance.

Renewal came through for the mini, 700 quid. Which was a lot more than last year, in fact double because of a knock I had, so whoever said it would go up even with protected no claims you were correct.

Anyway I rang up to find out price of Landrover too and with multicar discount the price was 700 for mini plus 800 for Landrover. This was direct line btw who iv been with for about 11 years.

Lol I said to that, rang Admiral got both insured for a total of 700. Had to provide my direct line policy number as ncb proof.

Why are you leaving they asked when I called direct line to cancel. Err because you want to charge me twice as much as Admiral. Oh they said, let me see what we can do, 5 mins later, we can knock 30 pounds off your premium? Yeah Ok il take that. Not. Tarah

[Edited on 18-01-2014 by Steve]

lovely story m8
pow
Premium Member

18th Jan 14 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Steve
Ben G

18th Jan 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My renewal goes up every year. Everytime I ring telling them I can get it cheaper online. They ask who with, I say ''yourselves'', then they make some bullshit story up abput the computer randomly making prices up and they will match it.

Makes me laugh. Would rather they admit they prey on people who just auto renew every year.
laugh
Pop

18th Jan 14 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone really.

[Edited on 18-01-2014 by Pop]
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 14 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they've an excuse to put it up, they will put it up.

Cunts, but to be fair, so are the people claiming for money for nothing, and the solicitors who oversee it.

In that situation I'd probably say there's been a mistake and you have it in writing that you have 6. Which you do.

Its a silly system really, as insurers can say what they want and that will be accepted by the next insurer.

I've had Admiral offer me both extremes, anywhere between trying to quote additional cars at zero bonus when I've been insured with them without incident for years and they say they'll match the main vehicle, to giving me proof to take elsewhere stating that new bonus which was matched is valid at the full value with other companies.

Still with Admiral as they continue to be the cheapest but, if I had gone elsewhere, I had in my possession letters from them with no conditions attached stating that I had full bonus.

Do also bear in mind that a lot of insurers now are less strict on the up front paperwork but will request it when you claim. I've known insurers not ask for the proofs, take your word for it, then they'll find out if you've been less that truthful when it comes to paying out.

But in your case you have proof.

[Edited on 19-01-2014 by Ian]
Corsa_Sport21

20th Jan 14 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody nightmare this.

Sent them the relevant documents yesterday. Gets an email back today saying they have received them, and there is an additional premium of £51.

Called them up, and was told it was because the purchase date of the car was incorrect compared to what was on the V5. Must have been less than a month in it but im going to double check.

Questioned them about the NCB situation and they said oh, we don't look at that. So why fucking request it on 2 separate occasions.

Now ive had to email it straight to him so he can check it, then call me back if there's any amendments to be made to the price.

If they come back with more bullshit they will be getting told to ram it.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What difference does the purchase date make

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New insurance company and NCB...... 22 database queries in 0.0205650 seconds