corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Google Site Links.... Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Google Site Links.... Question
Rob B

User status: Offline
25th Jan 14 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello guys,

Jus a bit of help from anyone In the know.

My new site went live about 8 weeks ago, and it originally had site links on google but now it doesn't. Is there anything I should change from what people can see to populate this?

Or alternatively anything I can do with google?

This is the site - http://www.areamotorsport.co.uk

This is how it appears in a search - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=area+motorsport&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

This is how I want it to appear I.e with sub categories - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jjc+race+and+rally&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Thanks for your time,

Rob.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 14 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you say CS does it?

I've never done anything special for that to be the case.

Just might be that where they're able to work out what categories you have going on, they list it like that.

Not sure you can encourage or force it.
Dom

25th Jan 14 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately you don't have any real control over sitelinks being displayed within search results but it dramatically helps if you have a well formatted sitemap.xml (Google for tips) for the website.
deano87

26th Jan 14 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also depends what you search and what position you rank at that point in time I.e. page 1 rank it might show, page 2 it won't work.

As said decent site map will help along with fetching the site as Google in your Webmaster tools and submitting the xml sitemap.

I've added a new page to my works site, no inbound links but updated the sitemap in the website in the CMS, submitted it and fetched the page. Was indexed within a few hours.

What with the latest algorithm, user intent is part of the search so it can vary from user to user and keyword to keyword, based on their history etc etc.
ed

26th Jan 14 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're signed up to Google Webmaster Tools you can control which sitelinks are displayed, but you can't enable them if they've gone away. They don't give any info on how to get them to show, but I think the age of the site matters greatly.
DaveyLC

28th Jan 14 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google decides when it wants to do this..

All you can do is make sure your site uses <H> tags and decent html mark-up..

Using <header>, <nav>, <article> and <footer> tags can help too..

I see you're using wordpress, but the template you're using doesn't seem that well formatted for SEO, you have no way to distinguish between content and title plus the H1 tags are simply images, google needs text to work with.

Who built you that template? It looks nice but its pretty useless when it comes to search engines.

On your "roll cages" page the words Roll and Cage are 5th and 7th ranked keywords respectively and the term "Roll cages" is 2nd of the two word key words..

You've used the term "Safety Devices" too many times relative to "Roll cage"

Search your site for the term "Roll cage" and you only get a hit to the tag (no hit for the roll cages page):
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:www.areamotorsport.co.uk&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=cr&ei=L3rnUoW4F4eP7AbCk4HwDQ#q=site:areamotorsport.co.uk+%22roll+cage%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address

And to prove a point, search for "Safety devices" and the second hit is your roll cages page:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:www.areamotorsport.co.uk&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=cr&ei=L3rnUoW4F4eP7AbCk4HwDQ#q=site:areamotorsport.co.uk+%22safety+devices%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address

So to summarise:

* Little or no use of title tags.
* No use of html5 content tags.
* Poor use of keywords.

[Edited on 28-01-2014 by DaveyLC]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Google Site Links.... Question 22 database queries in 0.0104978 seconds