corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » renting high performance cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author renting high performance cars
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 14 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my boss' mate has opened a performance car rental place and im thinking about renting one for my birthday.

yellow lambo =650 per day
silver r8 = 550 per day
white range rover overfinch = 500 per day

there is a lot more but this is all im interested in. I been told I can have the lambo for £1200 pick it up friday morning drop it home sunday afternon with 500 mile limit.

The reason I wanna do it is because I would never be able to own one of these cars and I would like to drive one. If I put £50 a week away until the time it wont feel like ive just paid a grand.

The missus said its a waste of money but its one of them things I really wanna do.
Gary
Premium Member

1st Feb 14 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it, why not.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Feb 14 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not do a track day? Third of the price, less concern about damage and excess and the ability to use more of the car's potential. Overfinch isn't worth paying £500 a day for.

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by LiVe LeE]
Brett
Premium Member

1st Feb 14 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't, could buy a decent little motor for that and race around in it as much as you like.

Bit sad writing your life off at your age too really. Who says you'll never have one? Car prices come down, R8s are hardly out of reach for the average man now. I guess maybe you won't ever have one if you waste money in this fashion mind lol

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by Brett]
SteveW

1st Feb 14 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for £1200 i would say no.. thats a lot of dosh.
Cant you just "test drive" one ?
Nismo

1st Feb 14 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a lot of wonga for limited millage and don't forget the excess will be about £2500 that you will also have to put down in either cash or a pre-authed card transaction.

I rented a Tuscan from Fri - Mon for £375 for my wedding and had a lot of fun in that.

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by Nismo]
antnee

1st Feb 14 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nismo, where was that from?
baza31

1st Feb 14 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some money in renting these out ain't they . Buy a lambo for 60k and it would be paid off in 12 month
alan-g-w

1st Feb 14 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
for £1200 i would say no.. thats a lot of dosh.
Cant you just "test drive" one ?

My friend was in the market for a brand new Cayman recently. Any garage he went to, as soon as he even hinted at taking a test drive the first question he was asked was 'what car have you got outside?'. When he replied with 'Panamera Turbo' (daddy's) they would fall over themselves to get him in one. I've often thought about putting some smart clothes on and seeing how far I could get at the Bentley garage a few miles away from here - give some bullshit about how I'm going to inherit cash or whatever, never had the brass neck for it though. But if you turn up looking to test drive a supercar apparently it's all about the car you take with you.

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by alan-g-w]
Mattb

1st Feb 14 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R8 fir £550 a day! well not worth the cash imo especially if its a V8
big eck

1st Feb 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper and possibly better doing a supercar track day??
Ben G

1st Feb 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done a supercar experience with an f430 scuderia and I can say it was by far the best experience in my life so far. You can also reach speeds higher than the legal NSL in the UK.

Up there with being dropped from 150ft on a rope in florida.
SXI - Matt

2nd Feb 14 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much for a Range Rover... Crazy
alan-g-w

2nd Feb 14 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't reach speeds of over 70mph in a 430 scud, were you on a go kart track?
Ben G

2nd Feb 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I say I reached the legal limit? I said higher than the legal limit. Top speed I reached was around 110. It was Thruxton circuit.

It was just as exhilarating doing 20mph in a carbon fibre interior with the most amazing v8 noise terrorising my ear drums.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Feb 14 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are they, £150 per day?

500+ seems nuts when you can't even push it.
Gaz

2nd Feb 14 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All that money to experience 70mph like everyone else.

Track day would be a much better choice if it were my money and the remaining cash left over would treat myself in gadgets etc.
ed

2nd Feb 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1200 to do 500 miles? That's fun
Ian W

2nd Feb 14 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you live somewhere with some epic driving roads I wouldn't pay £1200 to drive 500 miles around regular english roads with all that goes with it like traffic, road works, other dickhead drivers tbh.

I'm guessing the fuel for the 500 miles comes out of your own pocket too so that's going to be near enough £200 on top?
Daimo B

2nd Feb 14 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

110mph at Thruxton, the countries fastest average speed circuit. Did you not get out of 2nd gear or something or was pushing it?

As for poster, its your money, your life, your decision. If you want to hire a supercar for the weekend, you do it. No-one elses choice, and dont listen to anyone you dont know on the internet. If you want to do it, you do it laddie. I wouldn't at those costs myself, but thats me. If you do though, do not get a poxy range roverl If your gonna do it, get the best they have and do it properly.
Ben G

2nd Feb 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really are a thick cunt. It was a driving experience day. 110mph is plenty fast on a wet track in a car worth about 5x my salary.

Not everyone is an elite driving god. I was also paying more attention on my surroundings and listening for instructions rather than looking at the speedo. All I remember seeing is 110mph and 101mph in a v8 vantage.

[Edited on 02-02-2014 by Ben G]
Daimo B

2nd Feb 14 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I'd reply with something else, but im a thick vagina. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but keyboard pushers may never hurt me.

Youz a sensitive soul int you tommy
Ben G

2nd Feb 14 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had enough of your hypocritical bullshit tbh. Starting to think you and Paul J are the same person.
Daimo B

2nd Feb 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hypocritical BS

Oh Benji Benji, your so easy
SVM 286

2nd Feb 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Some money in renting these out ain't they . Buy a lambo for 60k and it would be paid off in 12 month

Yeah but filthy and stone chipped, with fucked tires, knackered brakes and the clutch hanging out of it Baza

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » renting high performance cars 22 database queries in 0.0151739 seconds