corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » audi rs5 shell anyone?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author audi rs5 shell anyone?
chloe16v

User status: Offline
6th Feb 14 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why wasnt it reported by the owner?

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/audi-sports-car-stripped-parts-6673528
big eck

6th Feb 14 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance job
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Feb 14 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure I'd have gone to the trouble of taking the engine, must be a reason the car has been abandoned.
Ben J

6th Feb 14 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to have been nicked. If you just got stuck you'd blatantly get it recovered ASAP??? As if you'd just leave it there.
John

6th Feb 14 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That or drug dealer who'll just buy a new one.
Col004

6th Feb 14 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's been stripped and dumped there.

It's been properly cut up.
I don't believe that's happened at the road side.
nathy_87

6th Feb 14 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm shocked on how many parts have been taken tbh. Sledge anyone?
Mattb

6th Feb 14 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Not sure I'd have gone to the trouble of taking the engine, must be a reason the car has been abandoned.

engine would have been fine mechanically.. just a little soggy
John

6th Feb 14 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely engine could be pretty bad if someone has tried to drive through it and managed to get water in it?
Mattb

6th Feb 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could potentially have water in the cylinders, but not enough compression to bend the rods on them..

in comparison, we had a V8 Tdi Q7 in the other day, same thing, driven through deep water and hydraulic locked. Took out the wet filters, dropped the boost hoses off both intercoolers and emptied them out, removed all 8 glow plugs and cranked to engine to empty the cylinders.. it started after it was back together.. i have a vid on my phone of all the water running out the exhaust
Compression was down across the board however - not below minimum spec, but on a 13000 mile engine it was close enough to the minimum.. insurance co wrote the car off!
John

6th Feb 14 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough. I knew you could get away with it sometimes but I thought that was only if you were really lucky.
JordyCarter

6th Feb 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts have been cut havent they? So some guy with cutting tools has been down there and nobody has bat an eyelid??? There would be mass noise and sparks lol
sc0ott

6th Feb 14 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You find lots of empty shells when the tide is out. Floods must have the same effect on cars.
Daimo B

6th Feb 14 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
it could potentially have water in the cylinders, but not enough compression to bend the rods on them..

in comparison, we had a V8 Tdi Q7 in the other day, same thing, driven through deep water and hydraulic locked. Took out the wet filters, dropped the boost hoses off both intercoolers and emptied them out, removed all 8 glow plugs and cranked to engine to empty the cylinders.. it started after it was back together.. i have a vid on my phone of all the water running out the exhaust
Compression was down across the board however - not below minimum spec, but on a 13000 mile engine it was close enough to the minimum.. insurance co wrote the car off!

Silly question,

On our old Petrol jetski's, you'd quite often flood the engine after doing various tricks.

Spark plug out, WD40 in, turn it over with starter, place a thumb over the spark plug hole leaving a tiny gap. After a few minutes of water splashing out, you'd dry the plug off, pop it back in, boooom off you went again. Engines never suffered any problems after either (well, until you flooded it the next weekend).

Is this pretty much the same thing?
Mattb

7th Feb 14 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty much, its just that diesels run so much more compression coupled with the low down torque to bend the rods when the cylinders are filled with fluid.

Petrol engines just dont normally have the guts to do it (which is a good thing really)
Daimo B

7th Feb 14 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So a derv can run in water as long as its got air, but if water gets in its screwed.

A petrol can't run in water, even if its got air, but if water gets it, it can still work after being cleared.

Engines, madness
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 14 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've known two petrol engines which have bent rods, that red GSi I had and a 406 coupe.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 05:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a hose pumping water into the throttle body of an old 106 gti.

Max revs, shit loads of white smoke. Hydraulic lock. An hour later the fucker started. Did this 4 or 5 times. It just wouldn't die.
ed

7th Feb 14 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol engines typically have a much lower compression ratio to diesels so you can get away with a bit of water in the bores. Hose-piping water into the engine though, that's mad!
ed

7th Feb 14 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then again, I remember my 1.2 8v Corsa engine taking lots of water related abuse. It would end up running on three cylinders for a bit and then jump back into life.
3CorsaMeal

7th Feb 14 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
You find lots of empty shells when the tide is out. Floods must have the same effect on cars.

I will lol for you

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » audi rs5 shell anyone? 22 database queries in 0.0161271 seconds