corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Toledo steering rack leak fix?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Toledo steering rack leak fix?
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
13th Feb 14 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already put a 2nd hand steering rack into the toledo but its started to leak now aswell, get about 100 miles then pumps whining.

Is there a way to repair my current rack or do I just have to spend on a new rack? 250 at local motorfactors which i think is a bit steep?
mattievRS

13th Feb 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's it leaking from? Ends of the rack or power steering pipes or pump or what?
Jamie-C

13th Feb 14 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of rack obviously, wouldnt put another rack in if it was just a pipe leaking would I?
carnuts

13th Feb 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a bit steep to me refurb companies used to be few and far between and a longish wait too.

Shop around euros list a rack 190 on their site
mattievRS

13th Feb 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
End of rack obviously, wouldnt put another rack in if it was just a pipe leaking would I?

How the fuck am I supposed to know the secondhand rack is leaking from the same place? If it's started to leak on a second one why fuck about, just buy a refurb unit rather than fit crappy replacements.
Richie

13th Feb 14 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. This is a corsa site and you are asking about a SEAT Toledo?

2. Don't laugh at other users when they have no option but to make assumptions when you give shitty information.

As carnuts said - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/SEAT_Toledo_1.8_2004/p/car-parts/suspension-and-steering/steering/steering-rack-and-steering-mount/?603440380&1&4c52dfcbba5312e943bb5c3ecdaf82e49a0726ff&000380

If you are a cheapo nutbar - try the repair fluid first. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Steering-Rack-Leak-Repair-for-SEAT-TOLEDO-/360352829276
Jamie-C

13th Feb 14 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It clearly says in the title and in the OP that the steering rack is leaking does it not or could you not read that bit? Carnuts was able to understand it anyway so maybe you're just a bit fucking stupid? I was asking is there a fix to repair a leaking rack ie a refurb kit.

And it maybe a corsa site but members on here have a widesppread knowledge of all car related problems not just corsas. Now if you could kindly fuck off
Generation

13th Feb 14 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh FFS. Does everything have to end in a fuxking argument?
mattievRS

13th Feb 14 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
It clearly says in the title and in the OP that the steering rack is leaking does it not or could you not read that bit? Carnuts was able to understand it anyway so maybe you're just a bit fucking stupid? I was asking is there a fix to repair a leaking rack ie a refurb kit.

And it maybe a corsa site but members on here have a widesppread knowledge of all car related problems not just corsas. Now if you could kindly fuck off

More likely that you're "just a bit fucking stupid" really.
It also doesn't state where it's leaking from which is why I asked, there are different ways of fixing a leak dependant on where its coming from. Did you state the location of the leak? No.
Does the rack leak when standing or only when driving? Actually, I don't care anymore, fix it yourself like you did the first time

Richie

14th Feb 14 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Oh FFS. Does everything have to end in a fuxking argument?

Yes it does... sometimes

The fact I've been here nearly 14 years...never witnessed this before...and there's idiots that decide to laugh at people when they are asking for help. Instantly rubs people up the wrong way for a start.

And the fact he's chosen to tell people to fuck off shows exactly the kind of person he is.

You said the rack is leaking. Carnuts replied after you clarified the post. You didn't say pinion, pipes (which can go the entire length of the rack) , boots, ends...need I go on. You haven't said the amount of fluid being lost, the chances of getting a second hand rack with the same fault and leak is quite low and you surely would have seen enough fluid residue on the 2nd hand rack. Instead when someone decided to question - you thought you would be quirky and give a snobbish comment and a laugh.

Yet we've still offered you all the advice available and you are still being an idiot.

[Edited on 14-02-2014 by Richie]

New Poll