corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Driveway Advice

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driveway Advice
KingDoug

User status: Offline
20th Feb 14 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

I need some advice about parking on private drive ways and where I stand. Recently I have been receiving notes about my parking and how I am breaking the law with my parking. I have included the most recent note for your viewing pleasure.

Now from the badly drawn diagram below you can see that the driveway outside my flat has an entrance and exit at both ends of the drive and it accommodates 4 blocks of flats all together. Now I know I am being an a bit of an idiot blocking one of the exits but I only do this when I know I am going out early the next morning and only blocking it over night. And yet whoever the note-leaver is they manage to get up a lot earlier than myself and leave these notes either on the car or through the door. I only block the exit that is directly in front of the bottom lot of flats in the diagram and there is a exit at the top of the diagram which is open. Am I breaking the law with my parking or is it just something to ignore?

The red rectangles are cars to show where people park when I come home, the green rectangle is where I park.

Sorry if that is a bit confusing I tried to include as much detail as I could.

[Edited on 20-02-2014 by KingDoug]
3CorsaMeal

20th Feb 14 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably required for fire engine access etc
nathy_87

20th Feb 14 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they have put parking spaces there then personally I don't see a problem.

Edit: As I psoted that you updated your post. Are there any Cross hatch markings where you park? or perhaps people still come in/out that you don't know about?

[Edited on 20-02-2014 by nathy_87]
oceansoul

20th Feb 14 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was always under the impression that if your covering either of the dropped angled bit of the drive way thats bad. Dont know about "illegal" though. I used to park over a neighbours drive as they didnt have a dropped kerb. Even though i was being a cunt there wasnt anything they could do about it as they didnt have a dropped kerb. Until they moved away and the new owners payed for a dropped kerb lol
KingDoug

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Probably required for fire engine access etc

The entrance I am blocking though you would be hard pressed to get a fire engine in there and past the wall.
John

Are you blocking in the red car at the bottom or do they have another way out?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Feb 14 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are blocking a road...
KingDoug

20th Feb 14 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Are you blocking in the red car at the bottom or do they have another way out?

No there is plenty of room from them to get out, its just my crappy diagram.

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
you are blocking a road...

The arrows on the diagram show the entrance/exit onto a main road. So i am not blocking a road at all just poorly maintained mud track lol
John

20th Feb 14 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave a note back asking them to come and discuss it with you.
KingDoug

20th Feb 14 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just don't want them phoning the police and it getting out of hand over something stupid as this. I research what a service road was and our driveway is nowhere near suitable to be a service road.
John

20th Feb 14 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's genuinely not affecting anything at all, it'll just be a busy body with nothing to do with their time.

If it actually hinders access in some way, or blocks someone in, I could see the point.
Wrighty_1988

20th Feb 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you buy a flat with one or no parking space and now think your better than everyone else and can block access off. Nice.
John

20th Feb 14 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the parking spaces cost money and you are doing that, I can completely see the issue. I'd just rant and rave on the internet instead of leaving you a note though.
KingDoug

20th Feb 14 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill get some pictures for you to see what I am talking about, luckily someone has a visitor and has parked how I would park at night.

Wrighty I haven't bought a flat, I am renting and I am not assuming I am better than anyone at all. I am merely trying to find out if what I am doing is breaking the law. Yes I am being a dick by blocking one of the two access points overnight which I am aware of.
KingDoug

20th Feb 14 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one shows how I would normally park overnight and then move the car in the morning to the next spot over, which it is at the moment.

This one shows the track leading down towards the exit at the other end.

Hopefully this makes it a bit more understandable.
ed

20th Feb 14 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't park there. You're blocking access to one end of the road meaning people will have to reverse their cars out rather than just drive through, I'm surprised you even need to ask this? Who's Lupo is that? I'd be pissed if you blocked me in like that.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Feb 14 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Law or not, stop being a cock and blocking one of the exits, pretty simple. Hate people taking the piss with parking wherever I've lived. If you've got no spot, tough shit, park elsewhere. If you've got one spot but two cars, again tough shit. I don't want to give you any sort of approval, but it's probably one they'd have to take up with the management company.
KingDoug

20th Feb 14 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lupo is mine, and the visitor in the Mercedes has now left so no need for anyone to get pissed lol

I am only asking as if you were to put a fence in between where the blue car and the car are in the last picture that would block the whole driveway off to the rest of the lane and make it a one exit driveway and I would reverse in next to the blue car. So was asking if they have any right to complain or they are right and I am being a dick. And there is plenty of room at the other end for them to swing the car around before leaving. Think it will just be easier to find somewhere else to park for now lol
Rob_Quads

20th Feb 14 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Law or not, stop being a cock and blocking one of the exits, pretty simple.

Blunt to the point and 100% agree.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 14 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parking there would cause a right ball ache
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 14 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Who's Lupo is that? I'd be pissed if you blocked me in like that.

I'd be pissed if I couldn't get a Lupo out of that.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 14 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about moving the bins? Could they go further up the side and you put yours parallel to the fence? Looks to be enough room to park two parallel to the path and one perpendicular on the end?

Problem is the same passive aggressive cunts who leave notes instead of knocking on your door are the same ones who don't think about other people when they park. If I was driving them all, I could have them all parked and all with access to both exits, but you're dealing with nobs who can't drive.

[Edited on 20-02-2014 by Ian]
John

20th Feb 14 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at how much difference the picture makes to your diagram.

Obviously people are pissed off with that.
KingDoug

20th Feb 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My technical drawings are not the best. Thanks for the advice everyone. Heading out to scout out a more acceptable parking spot
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 14 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look at that as people wanting to park their cars in the driveway thing, and leaving an exit free. That wouldn't annoy me, but then I live in a flat and have similar issues myself.

Some people are quite pragmatic about it, doesn't matter what goes on so long as everyone can get out - which in that situation you can - and some people go mad because they were mildly inconvenienced for 10 seconds and it all worked out fine.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Driveway Advice 22 database queries in 0.0120249 seconds