corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Does anyone use SwiftKey for Android? Alternatives?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Does anyone use SwiftKey for Android? Alternatives?
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
28th Feb 14 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been using SwiftKey for a couple of years or something now, had it on my galaxy S2 and now have it on my S3. It's 10x quicker than the standard Samsung effort since it has auto complete, auto caps, is just bigger and easier to use in general. I noticed about 6-8 months ago that it started to get a bit clunky though. It became a pain in the arse to copy and paste, when you try to move the cursor to the middle of a letter it's like trying to line up the nose cone of a suspended concorde with a pin head. I try to scroll through a text box but instead it exits the keyboard and takes me to the top of the page for no apparent reason. The best bit though is when I'm typing in a piece with a few paragraphs, it'll sometimes just randomly place the cursor in the middle of one of the other paragraphs and cause a nightmare to sort out.

What good alternatives are there? Ideally I'd like to use something that looks and feel the same, only without the fuck ups.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent found better than swiftkey tbh
alan-g-w

28th Feb 14 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you find it a pain in the arse sometimes? Unfortunately I've come to the same conclusion
Steve
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes but not as much as the std keyboard lol
Dom

28th Feb 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried touchpal? It's pretty decent.
Munchie

28th Feb 14 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google keyboard is what I use on my S4
Gary
Premium Member

1st Mar 14 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that not just the stock keyboard?
dannymccann

1st Mar 14 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I just use the stock google keyboard that allows the swipe motions. It used to be better but it feels a bit slow and clunky like you mention these days on my N4
Russ

1st Mar 14 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
havent found better than swiftkey tbh

New Poll