corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone ever had a noise level check at the Nurburgring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone ever had a noise level check at the Nurburgring
dragon2309

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 14 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a few mates are aplnning our trip to the Nurbugring for later this year, and in my googleing around for information etc I found a site explaining all about the Nurburgrings 95dBA noise level limit, and how they check the cars, and how they have trackside noise meters that feed back to the office to monitor it on the track etc.

Now personally, I've never heard of this happeneing at the ring, and considering some of the cars that go round it, I highly doubt its enforced. Can anyone confirm?

I have a Japspeed exhaust on my MR2, and its... loud... It would fail a 95dBA noise level test if it was subject to one.
Graham88

22nd Mar 14 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The limit is 132db.

They do check it, I know 2 people who've had warnings, one was a 600cc bike with basically no exhaust who they banned from the track. They tested it at the barriers.

One was my mates Focus RS with screamer pipe, they had noise complaints and gave him 1 more chance before he got banned, but we were going home anyway.

But they were both stupidly loud so I wouldn't worry too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zlFSMNiNw
dragon2309

22nd Mar 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for confirming!

I got the 95dBA figure from here - http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/noise.php

But i think I'd trust the feedback of someone who has been there and experienced it over a random site on the net.

Cheers, I dont think I'm louder than that RS, lmao, thats mental loud.
dragon2309

22nd Mar 14 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although I will say that theres multiple people on piston heads saying they've been kicked off before with noise lvels at 116 and 101db. Hmmm
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Mar 14 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a 95db figure quoted a static figure or drive by?
dragon2309

23rd Mar 14 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Static, at 1m from exhaust tip, at 45 degree angle, whilst car is held at 3.4's of max RPM.
Graham88

23rd Mar 14 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is correct mate, 132db is drive by! My mates bike hit 102 on static!

Basically on drive by you have to be pretty mentally loud for them to say anything
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Mar 14 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So do they measure on drive by and then static if your caught over the drive by?
colonel_g

23rd Mar 14 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That focus sounds awesome
Minty_Fresh

23rd Mar 14 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by colonel_g
That focus sounds awesome
Ben G

23rd Mar 14 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like he's got a hole in his exhaust.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Mar 14 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it sounded a bit shit tbh..
dragon2309

23rd Mar 14 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
That is correct mate, 132db is drive by! My mates bike hit 102 on static!

Basically on drive by you have to be pretty mentally loud for them to say anything

I think I might buy myself one of those sound meters from maplins and measure mine tbh... As others have said, its a long way to go to just watch, lmao.. thanks for confirming.

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
So do they measure on drive by and then static if your caught over the drive by?
There are track side noise monitors that feed back to the office, so if one of them triggers over the drive by limit, you get pulled in when you return and noise tested then. Or they can jsut pick you at random to spot check noise levels if they think you're going to be too loud.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The limit is 132db.

They do check it, I know 2 people who've had warnings, one was a 600cc bike with basically no exhaust who they banned from the track. They tested it at the barriers.

600cc over 132db, is the lad utterly mad? Moto2 bikes arn't that loud at they run stupid volumes.

132db on a bike, bloody nora!!
Graham88

24th Mar 14 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:
The limit is 132db.

600cc over 132db, is the lad utterly mad? Moto2 bikes arn't that loud at they run stupid volumes.

132db on a bike, bloody nora!!

Honestly, it was ridiculous. It was annoying convoying with him as it was just droning the entire time! A mate had to hire a van on the way back as he crashed his bike and he put his bike in it aswell as he was sick of the noise Bought a better exhaust when he got home

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone ever had a noise level check at the Nurburgring 22 database queries in 0.0125101 seconds