corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car insurance just got even stranger!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car insurance just got even stranger!
kz

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 14 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check this out... when my renewal came through I had a new claim to notify them about. The crash was my fault and I didn't have protected NCB. My insurance went up by £20. (total = £510)

Just done a renewal quote for my mum, who also had a new claim to notify them about. The crash was not her fault and her NCB was protected. Her insurance went up by £80. (total = £415)

So if you have a crash folks, make sure it's your fault and that your NCB isn't protected! What the actual fuck anyone had similar recently!?
tom130691
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill find out in 20 days,

Lost 2 NCB in a fault crash
pow
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ that happened to me too
tom130691
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

best not be too high or ill be using the mini as a daily
deano87

2nd Apr 14 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Check this out... when my renewal came through I had a new claim to notify them about. The crash was my fault and I didn't have protected NCB. My insurance went up by £20. (total = £510)

Just done a renewal quote for my mum, who also had a new claim to notify them about. The crash was not her fault and her NCB was protected. Her insurance went up by £80. (total = £415)

So if you have a crash folks, make sure it's your fault and that your NCB isn't protected! What the actual fuck anyone had similar recently!?

More than likely the difference between male and female insurances now, bringing hers in to line.

My Mrs' went up when mine went down. She didn't have a crash etc.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Didn't affect me that much, £60 or so? £410 to £470 I think. Not the end of the world. Pisses me off more that the illegals had 12k of hurty neck off me when they didn't claim for any damage to the car - because there wasn't any.

[Edited on 02-04-2014 by pow]
Ben G

2nd Apr 14 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was the driver of the missus car which crashed and my insurance company didn't even put it on my renewal, just her's.

I still declared it to my new insurance company though as they'd more than likely find out some how.
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 06:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had zero claims and my renewal is DOUBLE! where do they get their prices from.
kz

3rd Apr 14 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah I still live at home btw so not as if there's a difference because of address! I think they get their prices from here...

tom130691
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Didn't affect me that much, £60 or so? £410 to £470 I think. Not the end of the world. Pisses me off more that the illegals had 12k of hurty neck off me when they didn't claim for any damage to the car - because there wasn't any.

This brings hope

Mine was no injury 1k damage to car, plus hire car cost that I have no idea how much this was
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well mine was over 12k so I think you'll be fine. I can't wait for someone to give me a hurty neck
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW cheaper to go through confused.com than Admiral direct
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

This brings hope

Mine was no injury 1k damage to car, plus hire car cost that I have no idea how much this was

Mine was 1k accident with a hurty necky. Lost 2 years NCB and my insurance went up £500 :/
This was about 3 years ago mind you so it may be different
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually managed to half the renewal from my old company.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car insurance just got even stranger! 22 database queries in 0.0139790 seconds