corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need a new car - dog friendly

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need a new car - dog friendly
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Apr 14 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas? I've been looking at all the estates around but nothings taking my fancy.

Does anybody have a dog but not a big car? If so is it comfortable for the dog?

Got around £3k to spend, £3200 at a push.
fred7

6th Apr 14 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a renault megane sport tourer. Comfy good on fuel (1.9dci) has a good parcel shalf that slides back for when u have the dog in there
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 911 and a dog. She fits in the rear footwell perfectly and is very happy there too

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Minty_Fresh

6th Apr 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

330d touring e46
pow
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus auntie has a golden retriever and a BMW Z4
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also have an e36 tourer, but she still sits in the rear footwell

pow
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When there's two of them, the dog sits in the passenger footwell!
deano87

6th Apr 14 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big criteria tbh, as it depends what you want other than being dog friendly.

Small but dog friendly = 206/7 SW = boring as hell but fits the dog in and not big.

Depends what size dog too
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably a chiauahaua

pow
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that I'm accusing Jake the lovely man he is of this but it's like when people have a baby or get a dog they feel the need to sell their pefectly good current car and buy the biggest ugliest bastard thing that they can find, only to sell it for something that is like their old car 4 months later
GB123
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Minty_Fresh
330d touring e46

Or V70 D5
Jakey
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been thinking that David, that's why I haven't rushed into buying a 320 tourer or big Saab.

Would you say Astra H's are too small? I don't really need it for anything more than taking the dog and a few bits and bobs.

I have a Lurcher which will be used as a working dog so will be getting quite muddy and shitted up.
John

6th Apr 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1998 rav4.

Also, although you can fit a dog into a much smaller car, everything is obviously just easier if it's bigger.

Saab 9-5 Aero estate would fit the bill perfectly though.
Jakey
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been to see a '07 Saab 9-3 but they seem so bland. The interior was like that of a 90s car.
dannymccann

6th Apr 14 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Not that I'm accusing Jake the lovely man he is of this but it's like when people have a baby or get a dog they feel the need to sell their pefectly good current car and buy the biggest ugliest bastard thing that they can find, only to sell it for something that is like their old car 4 months later

You say that however I sold my big old bastard astra for my horrible as sin Megane estate once my son was born and I'm so glad I did, it's shocking the amount of luggage I sometimes have to lob in there
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any car you want

XE Col
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have astra h 3 door, black lab and newborn, just got all stuff in and drove to Scotland with missus, dog, baby, pram and gear no bother
Jakey
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do really like them. Take the parcel shelf out, set of bars between the boot and rear seats..
XE Col
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would say boot with no parcel shelf should be big enough for dog, pretty sure there would be dog guards available
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my Clio to someone who took one look at the boot and said yeah the dog will fit in there.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
All Torque

7th Apr 14 at 04:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drunkenfool fits two dogs in his R8's passenger footwell
colonel_g

7th Apr 14 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This and plenty of change to pay somebody to fit the radio properly and treat your dog to a new collar
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403272862832/sort/default/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/body-type/estate/page/2/postcode/hp197fb/fuel-type/diesel/model/vectra/radius/1500/make/vauxhall?logcode=p

Or this for NOISE
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-FORD-MONDEO-ST-220-3-0-V6-IN-METALLIC-BLUE-/261434961297?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cdebced91

[Edited on 07-04-2014 by colonel_g]
flybikeslee

7th Apr 14 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Octavia
micra_pete
Premium Member

7th Apr 14 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

legacy GTB.
Golem

14th Apr 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say if you have £3k budget to spend for a car, and you are really into dogs safety, then Travall probably would be your best option. They have plenty of vehicle specific cars and they are literally rock solid.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need a new car - dog friendly 23 database queries in 0.0153730 seconds