corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warning lights with ignition on query? (BMW related?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Warning lights with ignition on query? (BMW related?)
blebo

User status: Offline
24th Apr 14 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My BMW 2001 E39 530d went in for its MOT today and initially failed, but passed five minutes later. It failed as the ABS light did not illuminate when the electrics were turned on before starting the engine however if you turn off the engine open and close the drivers door, lock the car, unlock the car, get in and turn the electrics on the ABS lights illuminates then a few seconds later goes out as expected. If I then turn the ignition off and on again without getting out the car the ABS light does not illuminate but all the other warning lights light up and then go out.

Is this normal? Do BMW, or other cars for that matter, have two different types of start up checks?

I did an emergency stop and the ABS kicked in and worked fine.

Its more for future reference and for the information of the MOT tester man as he hadn't seen this pattern of lights before.
andy_mk3

24th Apr 14 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a bit of a strange one. I'll have a look at work tomorrow and see if it's mentioned in the VSI on the mot computer.
blebo

25th Apr 14 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
That is a bit of a strange one. I'll have a look at work tomorrow and see if it's mentioned in the VSI on the mot computer.

Thanks
pow
Premium Member

25th Apr 14 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can ask my missus Dad to check how his behaves if you like - he has a pre facelift 528 sport
andy_mk3

25th Apr 14 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing on there mate.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2kyfakbmp2ply8/20140425_153416.jpg
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Apr 14 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine behaves exactly same. 530D E39 Facelift.
blebo

25th Apr 14 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
Mine behaves exactly same. 530D E39 Facelift.

Thats good to hear. Wonder why the E39 seems to do things a little different

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warning lights with ignition on query? (BMW related?) 22 database queries in 0.0091782 seconds