corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone worked for a recruitment agency?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone worked for a recruitment agency?
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
   29th Apr 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

Basically I've been applying for jobs recently and a company have found my CV on CV Library (as they do)

They wanted to put me forward for 2 jobs one of which I'd already applied for and have sent me some forms which I need to sign and return to them

Now they look pretty generic but there's a LOT of wording that doesn't seem to apply to my situation. It seems like the forms would suit someone working for an agency rather than just a company that finds people jobs.

Don't these companies just find the best person for the job for the employer and get a one off payment? Why the hell do I need to sign forms talking about working hours etc etc?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agency work is usually crap wages for 13 weeks then if the company wish to take you on permanently then they will pay the agency a small fee
CORSA NUT

29th Apr 14 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I can tell though Graham there not an agency? There meant to be a recruitment company.

I've actually had agency workers working for me before so I know the way that they work, I just don't understand why I'd have to sign a 'Working' contract when I wouldn't be working for them.
CORSA NUT

29th Apr 14 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just emailed him back, assuming I've just been sent the wrong forms etc
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a contract role or perm?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
CORSA NUT

29th Apr 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meant to be a perm role from the job description
pow
Premium Member

30th Apr 14 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't pussy foot around them, tell them what they want and don't let them pressure you into something you don't want (which they are good at). My missus used to recruit for the healthcare industry!

[Edited on 30-04-2014 by pow]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th Apr 14 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like they hire you on paye and just contract you out to the client, making their bit on top.
stuartmitchell

30th Apr 14 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
sounds like they hire you on paye and just contract you out to the client, making their bit on top.

What Willay said. Whose the agency?

If they are of a decent size they will be be able to pay you directly as a "working temp" contracted to one of their clients. They give you timesheets which you return and pay goes in at the end of the week, month, fortnight etc etc.

Works out well for some and not for others depending on personal cicumstance. If you dont have a job just now it's a good way to get your foot in the door.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone worked for a recruitment agency? 23 database queries in 0.0098760 seconds