corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting older

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting older
Andrew

User status: Offline
6th May 14 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i was 20 and at uni i'd be able to stay up all night, go to work the next day and actually be quite productive. It was only a few years ago i would be go out mid week, get off my tits and go to work the next day.

These days i'm going out at the weekend and not drinking because i won't want to do anything the next day.
I'm finding myself tucked up in bed at 11pm because i have to be up at 7am. If i don't get a decent amount of sleep i feel hung over and generally feeling useless about myself all day.

Discuss oldies
johnny86
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

11pm hahaha that's a bloody late night for me. I'm 28 and for the last 4 years I have been in bed for about 9-9:30pm most nights.

Don't really go out drinking might have a few beers indoors if mates come round then I tell them they got to leave by 12.
Generation

6th May 14 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bed around 12 up just before 8, always knackered.

Don't really drunk anymore maybe 2-3 times a year.
Tiger

6th May 14 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you need to grow a pair TBH. I'm 33 and still doing the same, if not more than I was doing when I was 10 years younger.
3CorsaMeal

6th May 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find my penis isn't as pink as it used to be and found some really long eyebrow hairs recently.
evilrob
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I find my penis isn't as pink as it used to be

Try washing it.
baza31

6th May 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've cut down on the nights out but I can easy stay out till 6am . There is no worse feeling than going home when it's light .I got in Monday morning at 5.30 and was back up at 9 . I'd say upto 25 I used to do a lot of thurs fri sat and sometimes Sunday day .Partly down to me and my old housemate not giving a fuck about anything and spending every penny we could earn on going on beer chasing women . Now I just CBA although I do like a blowout every now and again
A2H GO

6th May 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went paintballing with the lads from work on Saturday, still can't walk properly today. I think that's general un-fitness though rather than just getting old.

I generally tend to avoid drinking these days when going out as I'd rather be productive the next day, that's definitely a sign of getting old (as well as being a miserable bastard).
evilrob
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
When i was 20 and at uni i'd be able to stay up all night, go to work the next day and actually be quite productive. It was only a few years ago i would be go out mid week, get off my tits and go to work the next day.

These days i'm going out at the weekend and not drinking because i won't want to do anything the next day.
I'm finding myself tucked up in bed at 11pm because i have to be up at 7am. If i don't get a decent amount of sleep i feel hung over and generally feeling useless about myself all day.

I'll be 33 this year, and in exactly the same boat; I'm a complete spastic the next day if I don't get my 8 hours sleep.

Go back 4-5 years, like yourself I could hit the town hard, bang some slag and still put in a decent day's work no probs. Perhaps if I/we hadn't done that, might not be so broken now.

[Edited on 06-05-2014 by evilrob]
sc0ott

6th May 14 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
quote:

Try washing it.

Or dipping it into an asshole.

Plenty on here.
evilrob
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I generally tend to avoid drinking these days when going out as I'd rather be productive the next day, that's definitely a sign of getting old (as well as being a miserable bastard).

Yep - me too. Miserable bastards unite!
3CorsaMeal

6th May 14 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Try washing it.

Deffo require a £40 bucket for that.
evilrob
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Try washing it.

Deffo require a £40 bucket for that.

Y869 SRA

6th May 14 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm almost 32 and am in bed around 11.30pm most nights if working next day have to be up at 5am.
I don't get drunk if I'm working next day but even if I did, I usually feel fine unless I get really drunk.
andy1868

6th May 14 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in my day we were all shouting leeeeerrroy jeeeeeeeenkins, none of this YOLO bollocks

And what's all this dubstep about? Sounds like noise to me.

And why don't kids stay off my lawn?

[Edited on 06-05-2014 by andy1868]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 22 and I don't go out drinking, in bed at about 12 most nights. Work at half 8. Get home from work and can't be bothered doing much.
Never been a fan of going out and getting wasted. Fucks me over for about a week afterwards usualy.
Plus to be honest if rather not waste £80 on vomit and the shits for a week... I'd say I go out and get pissed 2 or 3 times a year. If that.
Colin

6th May 14 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With 3 kids under the age of 2 i generally survive on 3 hrs sleep a night.

When at work I'm doing 16hr days, regularly being woke up by various installation alarms.

I'm fucked
Jimbothebarbarian

6th May 14 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

42 years old, borderline alcoholic, kid myself that following these young cunts up hills on MTBs counts as a cure for the abuse my body takes.

If I live to 50 it'll be a fucking miracle tbh. The fact I've got life insurance in a vain hope I've provided for my kids is shameful, lol.

Kyle T
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm usually in bed for 21:30-22:30, but I'm a bit of a bastard for midweek drinking. Only a couple of bottles/cans a night, and always at home.

On weekends I rarely stay up past 230 - as I prefer the hours I gain in the morning.

That's all at 27, but tbh I've not regularly had late nights since I stopped playing WoW about a year ago

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
johnny86
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 03:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
42 years old, borderline alcoholic, kid myself that following these young cunts up hills on MTBs counts as a cure for the abuse my body takes.

If I live to 50 it'll be a fucking miracle tbh. The fact I've got life insurance in a vain hope I've provided for my kids is shameful, lol.

Haimsey
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 06:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

Same here. Miserable and old at 26

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sleep in 90 minute cycles
pow
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty bad now tbh, I just switch off when I'm sleepy.
Jason x
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
42 years old, borderline alcoholic

Lol at location to post content
dannymccann

8th May 14 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
quote:
Originally posted by Generation

Same here. Miserable and old at 26

Same here, although in fairness I have been like it since I was 22

Been worse recently, working full time, with a 2/3/4 month old at home and 7 hours a day at the weekend at college (plus 1 hour each way commute for it) has put the strain on a bit more.

FML

edit - although the father in law shared his Sky Go with me and we've been hitting Game of Thrones pretty hard this week, had a wild one last night up until 11pm. Missus was asleep on the sofa but I manned up and made it through

[Edited on 08-05-2014 by dannymccann]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting older 23 database queries in 0.0121701 seconds