corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Frogging Facebook again

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Frogging Facebook again
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th May 14 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does Facebook attract so many idiots, especially when it comes to anything related to cars.

Todays anger is about one of my friends posting to ask any recommendations for a garage to take his car to MOT.

This was followed by comments such as

"RPM, got a mint waiting area and cups of coffee on hand"

So I replied, "Mint waiting areas and cups of coffee are all very nice but I'd rather I was paying to have my car fixed rather than a fancy sofa and a bar"

Cue a load of waspy comments about how I was wrong.

Since when was taking a car to a garage seen as a fashionable day out, and why do garages that are all fancy and expensive automatically get a better rep than a guy in a shed who just charges to do the work

[Edited on 16-05-2014 by Steve]

[Edited on 16-05-2014 by Ian]
James

16th May 14 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facebook is just the medium used for these people to spout drivel.

You'd be better examining who your friends are.
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the guy who asked is alright, its more his friends with the moronic replies
James

16th May 14 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've deleted a lot of people recently.

A particular pet hate of mine is people that share stories that are obvious hoaxes with a comment like "this is a truly heartwarming story!", when a simple Google shows that it is utter BS.
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear to god, most of them on there are actual weirdos, especially as said, when it comes to the subject of cars.

That scuffers group is testament to that

Corsa_Sport21

16th May 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf though, it's only going for an MOT, at a set price. The added bonus is having a nice area to wait in, with a hot beverage.

In this case i would say it was quite relevant.
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not if anything needs fixing, also the smaller garages tend to charge less for the MOT

Regardless, I find it weird the main criteria for choosing where to take your car for work is the quality of the Sofa, and the beverages

Corsa_Sport21

16th May 14 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From experience though, they don't normally fix it there and then after the MOT test.
Corsa_Sport21

16th May 14 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And an MOT is an MOT, nothing more nothing less. You can't control how they do the test etc.

I used to take it to a garage where you would "book" it in, drop it off, then go back a few hours later. Now i go somewhere you book it in, it gets done as soon as you arrive, and you just wait. I see that as a positive to keep going back there, which i will. Dosn't have hot drinks, but has a nice waiting area, with friendly staff etc.
Nic Barnes

16th May 14 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fully agree with corsa sport 21
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Howdy Barnes
mwg

16th May 14 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one has a clue about anything
3CorsaMeal

16th May 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck em all i say.

FUCK EM!!!

Can take it to Greggs for a mot for all i care.
johnny86
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mots I haven't gotta leave my drive.
mwg

16th May 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mot mot mot
Ian
Site Administrator

16th May 14 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
why do garages that are all fancy and expensive automatically get a better rep than a guy in a shed who just charges to do the work

Human nature, people want to give more money to the guy who is doing better.

Happens all over the place.

Used places in the past where a booking means drop it in the morning and be without your car all day.

Now use a place where you book a time, drive in and drive straight on the ramp, which is also cheaper.

I also charge more for car parts so that people think they're getting better parts. If you can't beat them, join them.
Rob_Quads

16th May 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fixed appointments is much more sensible to provide with MOTs now that its all computerised and you can only process X per hour so its not like they can squeeze an extra one in. They have a max of 20? slots a day
Ben J

16th May 14 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm ruthless now on FB. I unfriend at the slightest thing. Don't care who they are. I unfriended my sister in law because she's a fucking sympathy seeking, moany bitch.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th May 14 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to downgrade my upgrades and turn a few friends in to followers. Got loads of people who add you to talk about car parts and a lot of them talk a lot of shit.
fazza

16th May 14 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I'm ruthless now on FB. I unfriend at the slightest thing. Don't care who they are. I unfriended my sister in law because she's a fucking sympathy seeking, moany bitch.

I spend most days doing this, moaning or game requests means DELETE!
Toby
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all about service level and what your happy to pay. The quality of work isn't probably being debated but the whole 'experiance' is.

Take the BMW for example, they come and pick the car up, service it, wash and vac it and return it to me. It's not the cheapest way of doing and is the level of work any better, probably not but for me that's what I'm looking for with that car and I'm happy to pay a premium to minimise my woes a out sorting it out.

The Megane on the other hand I would service myself because that's what I'm looking for.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th May 14 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picking it up and washing it adds value though.

Sitting on a fancy chair less so.
Toby
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that's what I mean, that's the level of service I'm after. For those people Steve refers to are those that are looking for the same and what's important to them is the surroundings and free coffee etc.

The fact that you don't think it adds value is your opinion, it's not wrong nor right.

The fact I have my car washed (and pay well over the odds) as part of my service package could be considered as 'not adding value'.
Jason x
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Splitter scuffers is the worst legit 14 year olds mugging someone off for having a corsa
John

16th May 14 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get my scrapper rav4 driven to mot for me. With the poor RR, I've not had a service or mot yet but it had to go in to get a washer jet fixed, the collect and dropped it off. They also charge 400 for a service on a ford engine, I'd rather save 300 and drive it there myself.

[Edited on 16-05-2014 by John]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Frogging Facebook again 22 database queries in 0.0151188 seconds