corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Vauxhall Corsa 1999 3dr back seats.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Corsa 1999 3dr back seats.
Jestem

User status: Offline
16th Jun 14 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently bought myself my first car, and have noticed four main areas where I need to fix the car. Having looked through the help topics here, and I have yet to come across how to fix these issues.

They can be summarised as such.

1. Rear seats are about an inch or two forward of the parcel shelf, and I cannot simply fix this because on one side, the button will not depress at all.
  2. Rear windscreen sprayer doesn't work.
  3. Passanger side window goes down fully, but will not go back to the top due to a warped seal
  4. Cigarette lighter appears to be too shallow for the majority of normal car chargers and the like to be plugged in.

Would anyone be able to help me out?

[Edited on 16-06-2014 by Jestem]
Ste
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 04:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. You'll need to strip it down, find why it won't depress and sort it, not really anything else I can suggest.
2. does the pump make a sound? is it full of washer fluid? If so, pull the hose off the pump and see if it comes out the pump then. if so, investigate the hose to the rear and try blowing it back. if not, take pump out and clean it/ swap it.
3. change the seal.
4.change it to a new one. you get them in most motor factors

hth

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Jestem

19th Jun 14 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pump appears to be working, and provides pressure to each of the sprayer ports. I have filled the resevoir to the brim with clean fluid, and still nothing. Poking the ports with a fine needle has allowed me to get the front washers working without issues. However, whilst the rear hose will pressurize, I cannot get fluid to flow from said port.

When stripping the back seats to take a look at why it won't depress, is there anything i need to be careful of?

Where would be the best place to get a new seal from? Ebay? Amazon?

With the cigarrette lighter, I can see the process for how I would go about it, that isn't a problem. However, again, where would be the best place to get the new one from? Would it be best to go to a dealer/manufacturer or what?

Sorry for all these questions.
nath2905
Premium Member

29th Jun 14 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On both of our corsa the back washer drips on to the back seat instead of going all the way they must break half way so just make sure the roof lining is dry
Jestem

1st Jul 14 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to sort out the backseats. It was a case of the small locking pin is normally held and moved by a spring that is wrapped a premade groove in the pin. It (the pin) had fallen out of the spring, and so wouldn't move, hence locking the seat in place.

The handbrake cable has also been replaced as I managed to snap it.

As far as the cigarette lighter goes, I have wedged the charger in place and so far that is working well enough.

All that is left therefore is the rear washers and the window. Everything in its own time eh?

New Poll