corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scirocco R

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scirocco R
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
21st Jun 14 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does any one on here own one? Or have first hand experience of them?

Basically want to know what there like to drive, performance and real world mixed MPG? Also can only find them in DSG did they do a manual one?
recarouk

21st Jun 14 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do come in manual but are hard to find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Volkswagen-Scirocco-2-0-TSI-R-3DR-/281294948468?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item417e7c4874

majority appear to be DSG boxes
SXI - Matt

21st Jun 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah so they do nice example to, got a thing for the blue ones though, black wheels, mirrors ect.

Not sure if the DSG would be more fun or the manual.

[Edited on 21-06-2014 by SXI - Matt]
recarouk

21st Jun 14 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well dsg does have tip mode so you can shift when you want, and can be a comfy cruiser when you dont want.

i prefer manual though in all honesty
SXI - Matt

21st Jun 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking manual purely as I can control the fuel more and not have the annoying shifts up and down around town.

Although the DSG is meant to be extremely good and more fun and easier driving when driving normally ect
big eck

21st Jun 14 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exact same engine, turbo and running gear as mine. I'm running 380bhp and mpg wise I can get 27mpg about the town and upto 38mpg on a long run.

I've seen 440 miles out a full tank of fuel on a run from Central Scotland to London and I've done that 3 times now.

Huge tuning potential that won't cost a fortune.
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I test drove one, plus an s3 and the dsg made the scirocco the better car imo
SXI - Matt

21st Jun 14 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Exact same engine, turbo and running gear as mine. I'm running 380bhp and mpg wise I can get 27mpg about the town and upto 38mpg on a long run.

I've seen 440 miles out a full tank of fuel on a run from Central Scotland to London and I've done that 3 times now.

Huge tuning potential that won't cost a fortune.

Do you really get those sorts of figures on a sensible run? That's more then good for me if you can get 38 out of it, I was getting 27MPG out of my cooper s and that was only 160BHP

If / when I find one / buy one I've been looking at the akrapovic systems and a map for them and that'll be about it, 380BHP is a healthy figure though
big eck

22nd Jun 14 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get anywhere near 38mpg you'll have to be sitting off boost for a while on a long run but it is possible. An exhaust, air intake and map are pretty standard first thing mods and will see you around the 320bhp mark. You'll have to budget in for an uprated clutch tho as they're are very prone to slipping at even standard power.
Simon_16v

22nd Jun 14 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has a white one, seems pretty quick and he seems to average around 32mpg doing a 20mile run to work on A roads with minimal traffic.

Not a car you'd buy to worry about the mpg really though
SXI - Matt

22nd Jun 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not so much I'm going to be worryin about it it's more for the performance can I justify it. Like I say I has a Mini Cooper S that averaged 27MPG not a problem how ever for 165BHP it wasn't worth the running costs.

I had a Focus ST again that averaged 30mpg but was a 250bhp car. Just want to make sure the costs are actually worth the power ect as it's not massive at 265bhp

[Edited on 22-06-2014 by SXI - Matt]
big eck

22nd Jun 14 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing but a map will see it over 300bhp
Ben G

22nd Jun 14 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the st was your dads
dannymccann

23rd Jun 14 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you bothered about MPG if you want the 'R' version of a car? Just buy a diesel instead if it concerns you that much
Firestate88

23rd Jun 14 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Why are you bothered about MPG if you want the 'R' version of a car? Just buy a POLO diesel instead if it concerns you that much
whitter45

23rd Jun 14 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never understand mpg aspect when considering a petrol turbo charged car - People quoting 38mpg means travelling off boost so how is that enjoyable as big eck states earlier

I would sooner have a fast diesel in which you could drive fast 90% and still get over 40mpg

Agree petrol's are much nicer to drive but mpg is a consideration then I don't see how its the right choice for you
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Jun 14 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people might like having a car that's decent enough on fuel when not canning it (which is probably how it will be driven most of the time with the way the roads and laws are today) but then don't really give a fuck what its like when the chance to kick its hole in arises.

Perfect example is the Cooper S. Terrible on fuel when sitting at 70mph in constant traffic, then even worse when you want to have a play. The outright performance then dosn't make it that worthwhile.
SXI - Matt

23rd Jun 14 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I thought the st was your dads

correct so is the car I have now he gets upto 3 company cars so I either pay for one or use the ones he isn't, but hopefully a different job means no need for a 65+ commute every day so I can get a decent car.

As for the MPG shouldn't matter if it does your shouldn't buy it side, I'm purely trying to find if it's justifiable? As states about the mini and as corsa sport said there shit 24/7 and low on power so not worth it. I won't the choice if I decide to sit at 70 on the motor way for 3 hours it won't require a fuel tanker to follow like the mini did. If I can get 30+ on a long journey then ace, then when I am having some fun in it i couldn't care what it gets.

[Edited on 23-06-2014 by SXI - Matt]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scirocco R 22 database queries in 0.0082412 seconds