corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DPF's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DPF's
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jul 14 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the deal with dpf's on vag cars? if one has one steer clear at all costs? or is it all scaremongering.

The Seat garage told me aslong as the car gets a decent run out at times they will clear themselves and that they rarely have to actually replace one
Ojc

11th Jul 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking heaps of shit mate, Corsa has one needs to be driven down motorway once a week for 10 miles at 70 so it can re-gen
Jambo

11th Jul 14 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on how the car has been and will be used.

3CorsaMeal

11th Jul 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thrash it about, i think the problem is poofy drivers enjoying the equivilant acceleration of sliding down the stairs in a sleeping bag
3CorsaMeal

11th Jul 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bros moans about his DPF on his Seat Leon FR550, says its goes lumpy sometimes.
John

11th Jul 14 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GF had a 1.3cdti doing 2 miles a day and now the evoque doing 2 miles a day, not had a dpf problem yet.

Only one I have actually had a problem on was the 1.9cdti vectra which was doing 50+ miles a day.
recarouk

11th Jul 14 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get it removed and mapped off the cars ecu, most places will gut it out and weld it back up so for MOT purposes it "looks" fine, ECU map will make the car think its not there so no more regens causing you to look like uncle buck driving down the M1
mwg

11th Jul 14 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I first got mine I think it must have only done short journeys previously as it was regenerating nearly every time I drove it! After a week it seemed to calm down a bit then now a month on it's ok touch wood.

The trouble I find is that the cars that highly geared so it's only ever trickling along. At 70 it's not even doing 2,000 rpm in 6th gear so the engine's probably not getting hot enough.

Where as the Audi A3 I used to have with the older 2.0 TDI engine I only ever had it regen once in 40,000 miles

[Edited on 11-07-2014 by mwg]
mwg

11th Jul 14 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The VAG 1.6 TDI seems to have more problems than the 2.0 TDI too
Jambo

11th Jul 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
GF had a 1.3cdti doing 2 miles a day and now the evoque doing 2 miles a day, not had a dpf problem yet.

Only one I have actually had a problem on was the 1.9cdti vectra which was doing 50+ miles a day.

Depends on the map, VM's constantly change the re-gen conditions based on the fact 90% of diesels now do 2miles a day.

SteveoBC
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The newer ones are fine, had loads of issues on the Diesel Cayennes if they were used on short stop start journeys

Used to clog up and if a good hard run for 20mins at least at 60mph didn't clear them they were fucking expensive to sort out, fucking hate DPF's
Andrew

12th Jul 14 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Fucking heaps of shit mate, Corsa has one needs to be driven down motorway once a week for 10 miles at 70 so it can re-gen

Why would you have a newish diesel if you don't drive more than 10 miles a week on the motorway
Ojc

12th Jul 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you dribbling on about
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jul 14 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. Load of expensive shite.
Honestly very hit and miss. I'd just buy the car. Remove the DPF and map it. Simple as that
Lee_fr200

12th Jul 14 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had an issue with mine
Neo

12th Jul 14 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine went, wouldn't regen and garage couldn't make it regen. Ended up having it mapped out and removed, much cheaper than replacing. Noticed a decent power and torque improvement instantly on an already modded car

I'm currently thinking of a vrs diesel as a daily so will remove and have it mapped out straight away.
Jambo

12th Jul 14 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT fail these days.

However, if they left the shell intact just removed the innards doubt the average tester would be able to tell. See the IAM and Brake where in the news this week seeming this practice was responsible for many deaths on the roads
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
MOT fail these days.

However, if they left the shell intact just removed the innards doubt the average tester would be able to tell. See the IAM and Brake where in the news this week seeming this practice was responsible for many deaths on the roads

I just take the while thig off the car. Cut the top of it open. Smash the insides out with a hammer. Then weld the it back up and grind it flat so it can't be felt. No mot tester will be able to tell.

What was there logic behind that?! How can it possibly cause deaths?!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too much power after its removed meaning many people crashing
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

Jambo

13th Jul 14 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Essentially Mark you're correct
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always correct Jambo
Andrew

13th Jul 14 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm a complete cunt Jambo
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
I'm a complete cunt Jambo

say it to my face dickhead!
--ToM--

13th Jul 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't pass mot laws if it's still welded in place and mapped out mot laws state on modern diesels if it was fitted with a dpf by manufacturer it has to be fitted and fully operational for mot and the emissions have to meet the requirements the manufacturer had to meet for eu laws not just what the mot tolerances are like it used to be because it defeats the point of having the likes of 30 quid a year road tax because your car is meeting certain emissions regs and then you bypass it all and put out more emissions that it used to, all depends on where you take it for mot though .....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DPF's 22 database queries in 0.0168722 seconds