corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate dilemma...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private plate dilemma...
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
13th Jul 14 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Purchased a new car today which has a private plate on it, so I need to get my plate on it before I can sell my old car.

Is there a way to transfer the plate from my old car to my new car, and my new car to my girlfriends easily?

Welsh Dan

13th Jul 14 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the way to do it is to do the new car to your girlfriends first, then from your old car to your new car. Will take a few weeks, and cost £160 (£80 x 2)
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess you'll be waiting on the new logbook first anyway?

Once you have all logbooks in hand, just complete some V317 and post all logbooks off together.

What you should've done, assuming whoever you bought the car off sent off the logbook with your details, is complete a V317 at that time and sent all logbooks together then.

[Edited on 13-07-2014 by Brett]
dan_m1les

13th Jul 14 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not picked the car up yet and filled in the logbooks if this helps???
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fill out two V317's and send off the three logbooks together then Not sure if it's a trader or private buy, but I'd take all the paperwork and post it recorded at the post office.
dan_m1les

13th Jul 14 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's a private buy, would the seller not be funny about it?

So I need to post the v5 of the new car, the left hand page? With my details written on.

All of the v5 for my old car and all of the v5 of my girlfriends car, and a cheque for £160?
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tell him to come to the post office with you, shouldn't be too much of a problem if he isn't a bellend and wants to help you out.

I'd assume you post the full logbooks of all three cars with two completed V317s and of course the payment.
dan_m1les

13th Jul 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mmmm the guy is quite old and funny tbh and I'll be picking it up in the evening
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're just gonna have to wait 4 weeks for the logbook back then

...or you could just walk to a post box and post it all normally. I just felt more comfortable sending recorded. When I did it all this way sending to registrations department rather than the normal one, we got the log books back in 1.5 weeks.

[Edited on 13-07-2014 by Brett]
dan_m1les

14th Jul 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've prepped all the paperwork ready to do when I pick he car up! Thanks Brett for the help btw

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate dilemma... 22 database queries in 0.0106020 seconds