corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Astra J VXR

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Astra J VXR
MarkM

User status: Offline
14th Jul 14 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's got one? Considering it for my next car.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jul 14 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove one around Oulton and I was very impressed. Not sure what it would be like to live with but its certainly another level compared to the H.
Ben G

14th Jul 14 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They seem quite rare. Only ever seen 2 on the road, they look lovely in blue. Quite a big car though, bet they weigh a fair bit.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Jul 14 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Drove one around Oulton and I was very impressed. Not sure what it would be like to live.
Ojc

15th Jul 14 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap when all things are considered for a used one
MarkM

15th Jul 14 at 05:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll probably be buying new so I'll spec one up with the Navi 950, AFL, electric mirrors, parking sensors and the aero pack. Can't believe they don't come with the aero pack as standard. I get a partners discount and the 100k miles or lifetime warranty is appealing at the moment. Generally keep my cars for 5 years (I've had my 150 CDTI sport hatch H for 5 years) and the 0% finance is a bonus with no ballon payment.

MarkM

15th Jul 14 at 05:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be a black one I think. I'd love to see a new Emerald Green in person though.
MarkM

15th Jul 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone have any experience with the adaptive forward lighting? Is it a gimmick?
SXI - Matt

15th Jul 14 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a good drive around Oulton and was a very nice car to drive. Induction noise in the cabin is really nice and gives you a good drive.

Really liked the cabin to seats were very nice and comfy. The dash was very modern and moulded around the drivers position.

Only thing I wasn't keen on is it was a bit soft in the corners at high speed, although sure a set of springs would stiffen it up a tad more. Although the chances of throwing it around on the roads like you would on track is low so probably wouldn't notice it.

I'd definitely have one, would have to be the blue for me lovely colour.

What sort of deals are these on then?
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Does anyone have any experience with the adaptive forward lighting? Is it a gimmick?

Got it on my Mazda 6 (Bi Xenon Adaptive) and also retrofitted to my Vectra.

Not a gimmick, I live in a rural area, and they are brilliant on the twistier roads etc. They do actually help to light up areas you wouldn't see as easily with conventional lamps. Not sure how ideal they would be in towns/cities as I don't venture into them often.
I thought the idea was very gimmicky until I experienced them for myself.
MarkM

15th Jul 14 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my point I do 99% city or motorway driving.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Astra J VXR 22 database queries in 0.0094080 seconds