corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Trip to Vancouver, Torronto & NYC - where to go...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trip to Vancouver, Torronto & NYC - where to go...
will_ainsworth

User status: Offline
18th Jul 14 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the 29th Im off for two weeks away. My housemate is playing a festival just outside of Vancouver and I have been asked to cover the event (photography)

the festival is only 3/4 days long and we are flying to torronto after and then new york to sightsee and also my mate is gonna play a few more gigs...

so a few questions as its been a while since ive been abroad...

In those three areas have any of you been and whats the best things to do... (ive looked online and found quite a few things but whats the most worthwhile....

do i need a visa for the flight to nyc (will be for two days) ive read that i might be able to get a visa waiver? I saw the forms also for a visa on the ESTA website but haven't booked the flights from torronto to nyc yet so cant fill in the form... can this be done last minute??

I only decided to go two days ago and we leave on the 29th so Im a little unprepared!

thanks

[Edited on 18-07-2014 by will_ainsworth]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jul 14 at 06:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sign up the ESTA as soon as possible online, really easy and quick. Do not depart without one.
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jul 14 at 06:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You technically don't need an ESTA if you're not flying into a US hub airport so it'll depend how you're getting from Canada into the US; however, even if you do drive across the border, for the $14 it costs, it's worth having it to hand.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jul 14 at 07:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things worth doing (in order of I dont give a crap about your opinion)

Lombardi's Coal Oven Pizza - FOOD
Times Square
Ride the subway and be a man
Empire state - dont buy tickets anywhere but inside the building
Grand Central station
United Nations building
9/11 Tribute centre, the museum is open now.
Central Park
Yo! Hotel brunch on Sundays, $45 all you can eat and drink (jugs of booze), live djs and all sorts of fun stuff going on. Make sure you book a table - http://yotelnewyork.com/eat-drink/yo-brunch/ - quite good after a night at Output
Statue of Liberty
Ghost Busters building (ladder company #8)
Rockefeller centre - did that on eat night for the viewing platform, quite cool
If you want something cool to do at night I'd defiantly recommend Output in Brooklyn, had a fantastic night there and booked online on RA.

[Edited on 18-07-2014 by willay]
Rob_Quads

18th Jul 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Vancouver go to the restaurant at the top the Empire Landmark Hotel for great views. If you go early evening you can just have a few drinks and get an amazing view. No need to pay for it at the lookout

Robbo

18th Jul 14 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't even bother going to NYC if its only for 2 days, I'd get so pissed off at all the things I couldn't do
will_ainsworth

19th Jul 14 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys nice one, from canada we will probably look at flying in so guess i need to do the esta forms but cant until we have decided and booked the flights for that bit...

robbo: would rather go for 2 days than not at all... might be a while before i get the chance to go again!

willay- cheers for that, Output is a shout, didn't cassy have a residency there? my mates manager is trying to organise a few gigs in nyc, looks a sweet venue

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Trip to Vancouver, Torronto & NYC - where to go... 22 database queries in 0.0117829 seconds