corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bt infinity

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bt infinity
harrybanks

User status: Offline
30th Jul 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, just after some info if any of you have had the same problem, have had bt infinity 1 installed, the hub thing, have tried to connect the hub to the samsung controller but doesn't seem to be working. Bt came round and activated what they needed to but can't get the controller working with the hub on the tv, do I need to buy a bt controller so I can use the on demand stuff on the tv?

When I press the smart button the controller doesn't work the demand stuff, have a sensor thing with the tv that I've put in front of the hub to connect it to the samsung remote but keep saying no signal!

Hope that makes sense, not too up to date with this kind of technology!

Any help appreciated, cheers
Rob R

30th Jul 14 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you're trying to connect your samsung smart tv to your bt home hub using a wireless signal yes?
harrybanks

30th Jul 14 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but not using wireless, I can't control the bt or any internet based stuff using the samsung remote and keeps saying no signal when plugged in and when trying to connect the Samsung remote to the home hub
oceansoul

31st Jul 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrybanks
Yes but not using wireless, I can't control the bt or any internet based stuff using the samsung remote and keeps saying no signal when plugged in and when trying to connect the Samsung remote to the home hub

What exactly are you trying to connect to what? A samsung TV to your new BT Infinity Home Hub? Using an ethernet cat5/6 cable (RJ45 on either end)?

What is the Samsung controller? What do you mean by "control the bt"? The BT Sports TV channel? How are you trying to access the inter based stuff? Is this youtube/a web browser on a Samsung TV?

To connect a smart TV via ethernet cat5 usually just involves plugging the cable from the RJ45 port (make sure its a network port and not a service port) on the TV into one of the LAN ports (not WAN) on the home hub/router.
Brett
Premium Member

31st Jul 14 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It reads like he's trying to control BT services with his Samsung tv remote
Dom

31st Jul 14 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
It reads like he's trying to control BT services with his Samsung tv remote

Thought the same when i read it - using the TV remote to control his Home Hub router

Harry - As said, what are you trying to do exactly?
Rob R

31st Jul 14 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I for one am lost.

New Poll