corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anybody owned/driven a Nissan Juke diesel? Edit: Got it.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anybody owned/driven a Nissan Juke diesel? Edit: Got it.
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 14 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything to be aware of?

How is it on long motorway trips?

Looking at a 2014 model (pre-facelift though) which has the new, more economical 1.5 diesel engine.

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by Balling]

Ben G

18th Aug 14 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the petrol here. Tiny in the back, drives nice, front end is bulky, divides opinion.
ianofbhills

18th Aug 14 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a juke dci as a loan car when I used to work for Nissan at the factory that builds them.
Fantastic fuel economy and nice to drive etc but I think the styling is horrendous.
DaveyLC

18th Aug 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're an alright car if you're a midget! There isn't much head-room

[Edited on 18-08-2014 by DaveyLC]
Ben G

18th Aug 14 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Headroom is fine in the front, the back though is just ridiculous.

Driven both the turbo and non turbo petrol variants. Turbo one was good fun and came with good kit.

Non turbo one had a g-force meter which I found when messing around with buttons on the dash. It was rather comical.
John

18th Aug 14 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OH had the petrol for about 18 months, that got 36mpg on the few miles a day city traffic it spent it's life doing so not bad for a petrol.

I quite liked it otherwise. The only thing about the petrol on the motorway was the lack of 6th gear, which the diesel has.
DaveyLC

18th Aug 14 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The G actually stands for Gay..
Jambo

18th Aug 14 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily no.
DaveyLC

18th Aug 14 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..On a more useful note: I've driven the 1.5dci and 1.6dci Qashqai and I quite liked it.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Aug 14 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the input.

Missus is borrowing one home from work tomorrow and I'll take it for a drive.

Styling is a bit meh I agree, but I honestly don't care much as it's purely for the commute to my new job.
Hence backseat/boot doesn't matter much either.

We have the choice between a 6 month old white one with fabric interior or a 10 month old red one with black leather for £1000 extra.
Thoughts?

Both come with 17's and pretty much all optional extras except xenons. We can get black side mirrors and spoiler as well, which I think looks kind of cool.

Balling
Premium Member

18th Aug 14 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and reason for the Juke is that she can get great employee deals on ex-demos, but only Honda Jazz, Corsa and Juke.

Jazz is petrol only and Corsa has very few extras and is boring as death.

cunningham

18th Aug 14 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.5Dci Qashqai and its nippy for what it is great on the juice. Went a 200 mile trip and returned average of 57 MPG more like 48-49MPG for day to day
dannymccann

18th Aug 14 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 1.5dci engine in a Megane estate (think its the same Renault unit?) - its nice and quiet even 8 years on and gets excellent MPG, fairly nippy in 86bhp form as well for the size of the car - obviously cant comment on it in the Juke though!
deano87

19th Aug 14 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of the Jazz, Juke or Corsa, I'd probably go for the Juke.

Having said that, I reckon the Jazz has more space in the back and boot.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 06:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Having said that, I reckon the Jazz has more space in the back and boot.
Jazz is definitely the more practical choice with Honda's fold away rear seat. As much space in the rear as a small van.

Will be doing a shit load of miles though and the petrol is just a tad too thirsty.

Like I said, it's only for the drive to and from work, so rear seats and boot will probably never be used anyway.
Besides, we still have the CR-Z if we need something spacious...

Jambo

19th Aug 14 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jazz Hybrid?
pow
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new 1.5 dCi engine is a peach!
Balling
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Jazz Hybrid?
Not an option. As said, they're ex-demo cars, so we only have the choice of what they currently have in. Need it by next week, so no time to wait for something better.

I honestly don't mind the Juke though. List of toys is impressive and the deal we get is very good.
If I don't have any objections after driving one tonight, I'll go pick one out tomorrow afternoon.

CORSA NUT

19th Aug 14 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
I have a 1.5Dci Qashqai and its nippy for what it is great on the juice. Went a 200 mile trip and returned average of 57 MPG more like 48-49MPG for day to day

Bang on to be fair..ours hasn't missed a beat in 4 years.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driven a 1.5 juke. Nice car to be honest. Don't try doing a service on it yourself though. To get to the oil filter yove got to remove several boost pipes. The lights and the grill as far as I remember.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been out for a long drive and decided to get one.

I'm not sure I'd have one as our primary car, but as a second car for a long commute it seems pretty ideal.

Going to the dealers tomorrow to pick out the actual car.

dannymccann

20th Aug 14 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Driven a 1.5 juke. Nice car to be honest. Don't try doing a service on it yourself though. To get to the oil filter yove got to remove several boost pipes. The lights and the grill as far as I remember.

It's this sort of stupid shit design that's really putting me off buying anything newer than my 56 plate Megane - that's bad enough with the headlight malarkey.

They've crammed so much technology into new cars and tried to keep the interiors as big as possible but keep the outside as small as possible which means it's a nightmare to do anything yourself in an hour.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Aug 14 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:

It's this sort of stupid shit design that's really putting me off buying anything newer than my 56 plate Megane - that's bad enough with the headlight malarkey.

They've crammed so much technology into new cars and tried to keep the interiors as big as possible but keep the outside as small as possible which means it's a nightmare to do anything yourself in an hour.

I'll agree with you there. am I right in saying you need to remove the front bumper to change the bulb on your Megane or is that the shape after?
GB123
Premium Member

20th Aug 14 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Can you not get to it from underneath?
Joe

20th Aug 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance do you have to take the headlights out to change the filter, never done one but I refuse to believe that.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anybody owned/driven a Nissan Juke diesel? Edit: Got it. 23 database queries in 0.0122950 seconds